The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   How much would YOU buy this saddle for? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/how-much-would-you-buy-saddle-90672/)

ponyjocky 07-03-2011 12:19 AM

How much would YOU buy this saddle for?

I don't feel like i have it priced too high. It's a very nice saddle.

Dover Circuit Close Contact Saddle | eBay

i

ilovemyquarter 07-06-2011 09:14 PM

bring it down to 500. Its a very nice saddle but, this is a tough economy and no one is going to buy a saddle for $555

raywonk 07-06-2011 10:27 PM

I just paid 150 for on like that.

kitten_Val 07-07-2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raywonk (Post 1088085)
I just paid 150 for on like that.

Exactly the same? New Circuit is around $1K.

OP, I do think it's too high. Circuits are not in big demand unfortunately plus it looks pretty used to be honest. I'd do more research how much people ask for them.

Alwaysbehind 07-07-2011 07:48 AM

The thing it has going for it as a positive is the larger seat size, since that seems to be needed by many and is harder to find.

I have to agree that you should do some research on what they are selling for. You might also look around at how other ads are worded. Telling the specs of the saddle (like the wording of the ad Dover had for it) is more important than telling someone who is shopping that this saddle is popular in the hunter and jumper ring.

maura 07-07-2011 07:54 AM

The saddle currently lists for $849 on the Dover site:

Doverís Circuit Close Contact Saddle < Hunter/Jumper Saddles < Horse Tack|Dover Saddlery.

Agree that the 18" seat size is a plus.

I would also get more photos, and better quality ones without the clutter in the background. Look at other saddle ads; they include photos of the billets, of the nail and nameplate, stirrup bars and usually a complete shot of the underside.

The two photos posted don't show enough detail for me to be willing to risk an online purchase.

lovemarcy 07-07-2011 05:02 PM

My boyfriend just bought one of those brand new from dover for $450. It is an 18" and was supposed to be "slightly blemished" but we couldn't find anything wrong with it- it looks brand spanking new. I think you might want to lower your price as Circuits are not in high demand (like kitten_val said) and that saddle does look pretty used