The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   First event!! Pictures :) (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/first-event-pictures-90738/)

hflmusicislife 07-03-2011 07:00 PM

First event!! Pictures :)

10 Attachment(s)
Roxy and I went to our starter first horse trials a couple weeks ago, but unfortunately we only got a handful of pictures. We did elementary which was just 18'' but neither of us have any experience with xc so we're starting out little until we get more comfortable with eventing and she stops refusing. (We're getting there! :-)) Anyways, dressage went well, she spooked at a rock that was by the entrance and did NOT want to walk past it, but aside from that it was good! Not gorgeous, but we got through it and scored well so I was very happy with that. Stadium was not pretty, which is funny since we've done hunters for years and we're currently competing at 2'6. Why we struggled so much with 18'' I have no idea, haha. One refusal but it was totally my fault; I cut the corner too tight and it was a "scary" jump that snuck up on her, and I kind of forgot to actually ride the fence for all of a second and Roxy took that opportunity to duck out. :oops: Whoops. XC was okay too. We hadn't schooled xc in a year, so I expected some refusals. We had three, but she went over everything the second time.

We also did our first "pipe opener" yesterday. The place we did out HT at does an xc "schooling show" basically, but for eventing. You can go in a group for a lead and stuff but its the same courses you do for HT so its great for green horses. We did the elm. course again as a practice round and we had no refusals for that! I even let her canter a couple jumps, and she was semi-kinda-sorta-ish controlled. :wink: Then we did Baby Beg. Novice which was 2'. One refusal, but again, totally my fault. She was on my friend's butt and I tried to slow her down but she thought I didn't want her to jump. Anyways, that was a bit, er, faster than we planned even though we walked and trotted most of it. We're looking for a stronger bit because she's kind of crazy out of the ring and when Roxy goes, good luck getting her back. Enough jabbering though, pictures! The ones with the white saddle pad are HT, blue was the schooling event.

hflmusicislife 07-03-2011 07:05 PM

7 Attachment(s)
And the rest. Sorry the quality isn't the best... The last jump she kinda flailed over. I honestly have no idea what the heck she did... My friend's mom was taking pictures right by that jump and from another angle you can see better what she did but I don't have a copy of them. They're hysterical though :lol: She's such a spazz.

ETA: If you guys have any crit. I'd love to hear it :)

ilovemyPhillip 07-03-2011 07:32 PM

I LOVEEE her tuck, she's cute!! You both look great.

MIEventer 07-03-2011 07:41 PM

Congrats on your first event, and here's to many more to come! You two look great. Thanks for sharing!

jody111 07-04-2011 05:30 AM

wow isnt she cute - you guys look good to gether - I bet we see may more pics like this

wren 07-04-2011 09:33 AM

Excellent work! Sounds like you did great for your first time out. I especially lover both of your forms over the coop. :-)

Frankiee 07-04-2011 09:41 AM

whoot whoot !!!!!!!!!!! you guys like fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Beau 07-04-2011 10:45 AM

Congrats! She's such a cute jumper! :) Was that at Full Moon Farm?

hflmusicislife 07-04-2011 10:47 AM

Thanks everyone! My beau, yes it was :)
Posted via Mobile Device

atreyu917 07-04-2011 11:13 AM

Great looking horse! You guys look awesome together!