The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   brand sizing for women's breeches (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/brand-sizing-womens-breeches-90759/)

serafina 07-03-2011 11:38 PM

brand sizing for women's breeches

I need to buy breeches and riding tights from a catalog b/c my local tack shop has a pretty limited supply.

I bought a pair of Tuffrider low-rise knee-patch breeches from the tack shop in a size 34 (I wear between a 14 and 16 jean) and they fit really well - maybe even a little loose in the waist (I have to hitch them up a good bit).

Then I branched out and bought a pair of Devon-Aire riding tights (Versailles) from Dover in a size L and found them a little on the small size (not impossibly small) and a size XL, which is definitely a bit big.

I also bought a pair of Riding Sport breeches in a 34L. The Riding Sport breeches seem to me to be SUPER small - they are not-very-comfortable snug AND they're really short even though I ordered the long!

Any suggestions for other brands that fit more like the Tuffriders - that is, true to size?

Are Riding Sport known for running small, or is it maybe just the style I got (I think it's a classic knee-patch breech)?

Any other brands that are known to run small?

MicKey73 07-03-2011 11:54 PM

I can't speak on most of the brands you mentioned, but I have a pair of Equine Couture full seats that fit awesome, so I got the same size for their jean-looking ones and found it to feel a full size too small. I love them, but man do I feel like a sausage in them! Other than that, I have Tuff Riders and Kerrits, Kerrits seem to be consistant with Tuff Riders.

tinyliny 07-04-2011 12:32 AM

I would agree that Kerrits are good, and if anything run the tiniest bit large.

cfralic 07-04-2011 01:34 AM

I also gotta say certain styles fit differently. I normally wear a 32" waist (in jeans) but my breeches are a 28"... they are high-waisted though and I have a small waist. Anything that lands at the hips I have to go up 2 sizes in... They also have a leather seat so I don't think that makes it fit smaller.

My breeches are the brand Mountain Horse.