The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   Crosby/Passier/Blue Ribbon saddles, bridles, bits, misc. tack - bargain priced (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/crosby-passier-blue-ribbon-saddles-bridles-91037/)

bubba13 07-07-2011 02:27 AM

Crosby/Passier/Blue Ribbon saddles, bridles, bits, misc. tack - bargain priced

All pictures here: http://s904.photobucket.com/albums/ac246/almostmozart/Tack%20for%20Sale/

I've been asked to help with the dispersal of a significant load of used tack. It comes from an English lesson program, and some of it is quite old. When relevant, I've included photos of damage on the wares. Conversely, some are in quite good shape and have been very well maintained.

All shipping should be arranged "at cost." I will have to check on that for people who are interested. Payment can be taken via credit care through a secure, reputable business (the person who actually owns the tack has a company which does international orders and shipping all the time--I guarantee it to be safe and legit). I will answer any questions to the best of my ability and with complete honesty, but as a warning I may not know all the answers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five saddles.

One Colombian-made Western. Not the nicest quality saddle around. Not sure I would ride it, either, at least without a thorough safety-check. Can't read the brand name, though it has multiple stamps. Good conversation piece. Or convert it into a very neat stool! Make offer.

Two Crosbys. One appears to be a Corinthian model (I didn't know to check for the name when I was taking pictures, but I've compared it to Corinthians online and it looks the same). It has what I would call an 18" seat (see photos for how I measured, which may not be 100% correct). $250, includes girth (you specify size and I'll do my best to find one that matches), pad, leathers, and irons. Can include bridle, reins, and bit for small additional fee. Or willing to negotiate fair, reasonable offers on all saddles.

The other Crosby is really nice, Congress model, in good shape (just got safety-checked and repaired), 17.5". Currently out on trial locally. If it comes back will be priced at $300, again including girth/pad/leathers/iron package.

A Passier. Needs some TLC. Someone more knowledgable in English saddles told me it needs restuffed. Seat is "poofy." Comes with seat cover to compensate. Also some cracks/tears and repairs on bottom--see photos. 18.5"? $150 includes girth/pad/leathers/irons AND bridle/reins/bit.

A Blue Ribbon. Beat-up and awful looking. 17.5". But I believe the tree and structure are solid, though I can't make any guarantees. Breaking saddle? Could be useable as a starter English saddle. $50, or $75 complete with girth/pad/leathers/irons.

A bunch of bridles, bits, girths, etc. Make offers. Will work out package deals, etc. It's not really worth it to ship some individual items of lower value, but if you see something you really like, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Bitless bridles/ hackamores. Some brand new. The short-shank mechanical hackamore is called a NURider bridle, and is actually great for people who don't know how to hold the reins--keeps them from ripping on the horse's face. It's supposed to sell for $85 new, and I have a bunch of new and used ones alike, in both flat and rounded nosebands. Make reasonable offers on new or used models--all are in good shape. The NURider keeps beginners from hanging on the horse's mouth, prevents the unintentional harshness of an unskilled rider's hands on the bit, and allows for both direct-reining and neck reining. It's also about as mild a mechanical hackamore as you can get. It's not for everyone, but it might be worth keeping around for the time Uncle Pete comes over and thinks he wants to cowboy one of your horses, since, you know, he was an expert rider as a kid...

The Hadden hackamore is the bitless bridle. I only have a few of those, and they are supposed to go for $40 new. I expect them to go quick, so holding that price firm for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't gotten this 100% verified yet, but I believe that all of the proceeds will go into a funding a "healthy living" medical research center. And just as a note, I'm not making a dime of commission from selling this stuff, so there's no padding on the prices.

Any questions, again just ask.

bubba13 07-07-2011 07:43 PM

I should add: Located in Missouri.

bubba13 07-07-2011 10:24 PM

Square-cantle Crosby Congress saddle has been sold.

bubba13 07-10-2011 12:51 PM

Bumping. Lots of nice stuff here. Willing to pack up bargain "treasure boxes" of assorted goods and ship those out.

bubba13 07-13-2011 05:35 PM

Still lots of nice stuff left.

bubba13 07-26-2011 03:26 PM

Come on now. Nice stuff, cheap--just sold two complete bridles (w/ nosebands and reins) for $30 total.

deserteventer 07-26-2011 03:33 PM

Im looking for brown rubber reins, and some oversized irons, maybe an AP pad or 2. Also a brown cob sized english breastcollar

bubba13 07-26-2011 03:35 PM

All the reins are either leather or nylon/cloth, no rubber unfortunately.
Don't think we have anything but regular-sized irons.
AP pads, gah, I'm a Western rider, but I think that's what they are...all pretty old and dirty, though, so maybe not what you'd want.
: (

deserteventer 07-26-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba13 (Post 1112544)
All the reins are either leather or nylon/cloth, no rubber unfortunately.
Don't think we have anything but regular-sized irons.
AP pads, gah, I'm a Western rider, but I think that's what they are...all pretty old and dirty, though, so maybe not what you'd want.
: (

Old and dirty is fine, as long as they're usable. Im going totally from western to english, so need cheap as possible lol

deserteventer 07-26-2011 03:41 PM

Also, what kind of full cheek snaffle do you have?