The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   So Torn - Help Me Decide a Name for my Equestrian Riding/Boarding Facility? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/so-torn-help-me-decide-name-91063/)

JessMaples 07-07-2011 12:26 PM

So Torn - Help Me Decide a Name for my Equestrian Riding/Boarding Facility?

My fiance and I are going to be purchasing a nice equestrian facility in Maryland within the next year or so, and we started talking about names and realized it might be good to have a name for people to recognize us by. So, we started thinking of names but can't decide on one solid name. Help us out?

Names we've though of:
River Haven Equestrian Center
Skyline Equestrian
Maple Creek Equestrian(his last name, as mine will soon be, is Maples)
Maple Ridge Ranch
Harvest Moon Equestrian Center
Heavensall Equestrian(he likes this one, but I'm not too sure on it)

Feel free to make name suggestions. D: Our last name, like stated, is Maples, and our initials are D and J. I like earthy stuff, as well as celestial stuff, and he likes things that sound unique and cool, and stuff to do with gods/goddesses and archangels and stuff. If it were possible to include heritage in the name somehow, I'm Swedish-German, Irish, and Native American, and he's mostly Italian with a bit of everything else(except black; but, seriously, he is a mix of pretty much everything xD).

Any help will be appreciated! 8'D Oh, and we'll be a mostly western facility.

Sunny 07-07-2011 12:33 PM

I love Skyline! Very unique!
I also like Maple Creek, as it is relevant to you and your (soon to be?)husband.

Good luck with the facility!
Posted via Mobile Device

VelvetsAB 07-07-2011 12:35 PM

Harvest Moon reminds me of a stud....so (english riding) people might get confused over that one. Stallion - Harvest Moon - Williams Sport Horses

JessMaples 07-07-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny (Post 1088647)
I love Skyline! Very unique!
I also like Maple Creek, as it is relevant to you and your (soon to be?)husband.

Good luck with the facility!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, he's my soon-to-be husband, and okay! 1 vote for Skyline and 1 vote for Maple Creek. :) Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VelvetsAB (Post 1088650)
Harvest Moon reminds me of a stud....so (english riding) people might get confused over that one. Stallion - Harvest Moon - Williams Sport Horses

Alright, then a def. no to Harvest Moon. lol! Thanks! :)

JustDressageIt 07-07-2011 12:50 PM

Skyline is not a very unique name, I've heard of a few facilities by that name. I like Maple Creek a lot, it makes me think of a very serene area.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sunny 07-07-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDressageIt (Post 1088672)
Skyline is not a very unique name
Posted via Mobile Device

Really?
Well, that shows that I haven't been around too much! :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

JessMaples 07-07-2011 01:07 PM

lol mk So 2 votes for Maple Creek. :3

Dresden 07-07-2011 01:35 PM

Just throwing this out here but I always thought Avalon sounded cool
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 07-07-2011 01:56 PM

A name should mean something special to you. What other people think should be completely immaterial.

My small farmette is called Brightwood Acres, because that has a special meaning for me. I didn't ask anyone what they thought, nor do I care if they like it.

A training/boarding facility won't be made or broken on a name, unless it's something like Killing Horses Farm. :wink:

sullylvr 07-07-2011 02:01 PM

My vote is for Maple creek equestrian center! Sounds classy and I like how it's relevant to you