The "I'm way too prepared" Show List - Add to it!
Okay, I have 19 days until my first horse show EVER! I'm about to put in an order for my last minute show (and trailering) needs. What else do I need? HELP!
HORSE SHOW ITEMS:
(Not including any horse tack or rider apparel)
-Halter & Lead Rope
-Hay Bag & Hay
-Bridle Hook Rack
-Standard Grooming Tools
-Water Bottles & Snacks
-Horse Registration Papers
- extra braiding bands
- bring some horse-friendly gel to smooth down rogue hairs ;)
- cloth & saddle soap (last-minute wipe-down of your tack and boots)
- your tack! (saddle, bridle, saddle pad, any boots you need)
- your show clothes, and make sure you wear non-show clothes to groom and put on in-between classes; I always wore track pants (rip-off/buttoned) and a light sweater
- if you don't want to use show string/pins, bring your own :)
- Vaseline is good for highlighting nose and eyes
- having a damp cloth to run over your horse's coat picks up any dust and makes the coat shinier
- clean all tack before your show
- press and clean all your show apparel the night before
and remember... breathe and have FUN!
Thanks for the additions, JDI! I have my tack and apparel in a completely different list...I'm just worried about all the little misc stuff that I might end up needing...like Extra Hair Gel...THANKS!
I figure if I'm way overly prepared and get all these jitters out of me right now, then I'll be relaxed and ready come show day. :wink:
DON'T FORGET YOUR COGGINS! (or is that what you mean by registration papers?)
-chain or something to hang your bucket
-you may need a hose for your water
-general first aid type stuff for your horse (well I guess it would hurt to have some human stuff in there too...)
-folding chairs (oh so conveniant)
haha, glad you remembered your checkbook! yeah, you'll need that..... :wink:
My vet is coming out Thursday for teeth floating...do I need a coggins test too?
- Hoof shine!
it might depend on where you are! for all of the shows I've gone to (even schooling ones) they're mandatory! although the h/j schooling shows they've never asked for them. But the schooling dressage shows actually ask for a copy with your entry form. And the rated shows you actually have to show it to them to sign in. it might depend on your state. but i'd ask the show!!
the test is pretty cheap though. like $25 or something? and takes a few days to get the results back.
baby oil for the tail ( if its legal for your classes)
powder for white socks
clippers to touch up, scissors
Oh gooness, ready thru this makes me glad that I'm not showing!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0