The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   XC schooling day (Photo Heavy) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/xc-schooling-day-photo-heavy-91262/)

Spastic_Dove 07-09-2011 03:55 PM

XC schooling day (Photo Heavy)

9 Attachment(s)
So I know mostly what is wrong here, but I'd like to see what everyone else has to say. Annnnd I just felt like sharing pictures of Chelley so "OMGCUTEHORSEY" comments are totally welcome :lol: Most of the pics of me trying to climb up his neck are trying to figure out how to close my hip angle *headdesk* I think I got it in a few though.

Ray MacDonald 07-09-2011 04:03 PM

Not too bad, but you are jumping ahead and coming out of the saddle, legs are getting pushed back.

Looked like a lot of fun!! I was going to go to a XC clinic today but couldn't go :(

Chelley is gorgeous!! What breed is she?

Eliz 07-09-2011 04:05 PM

Ooooh fun!!

You're a bit far out of the saddle, so your leg has slipped.. you probably know this :)

The 2nd to last picture looks better than the rest... You're more over the horse's center of gravity and your leg looks better too.

In the 7th pic (and maybe some others) your heel came up a bit. Just really sink your weight in your heels. Actually, the jumping ahead probably causes this problem. So also, your leg wont slip as much if you're more down in your heel.

It's allllll relative ;)

BTW: OMG CUTE HORSEY! :)
But seriously, she looks darling!

ETA: Arg, Ray! You beat me to it!

Spastic_Dove 07-09-2011 04:15 PM

He's a Hanoverian/Swedish Warmblood. :) He's quite awesome.

Thanks for the feedback!

lovemarcy 07-09-2011 05:59 PM

no critique from me but your horse is CUTE and looks like fun!!

Ray MacDonald 07-09-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliz (Post 1090998)
Ooooh fun!!

You're a bit far out of the saddle, so your leg has slipped.. you probably know this :)

The 2nd to last picture looks better than the rest... You're more over the horse's center of gravity and your leg looks better too.

In the 7th pic (and maybe some others) your heel came up a bit. Just really sink your weight in your heels. Actually, the jumping ahead probably causes this problem. So also, your leg wont slip as much if you're more down in your heel.

It's allllll relative ;)

BTW: OMG CUTE HORSEY! :)
But seriously, she looks darling!

ETA: Arg, Ray! You beat me to it!

Ahahahaha!! By two minutes!

Oxer 07-10-2011 02:15 AM

my jumper would tell me to go ahead and meet the log... and then run off to have a snack on that lovely grass. hahaha!

DraftyAiresMum 07-10-2011 02:24 AM

I love these jumping critique threads because I am learning SOOOOOOOO much!! This (XC) is EXACTLY what I want to eventually do with Aires, if we can! LOVE it!!

Oh, and your boy is definitely handsome!

MyBoyPuck 07-10-2011 05:57 PM

A bit out of the tack in spots, but that's why we school right? On approach to the fences, are you sitting in the saddle? I recently did an XC clinic and was surprised to find that you're supposed to sit full in the saddle a good 8 strides out. It was news to me, but sure ended my jumping ahead problem quickly.

Spastic_Dove 07-10-2011 08:49 PM

I do. He is very forward towards the jumps so I want to sit anyway, so it helps me over cross country. The only problem is by sitting, I was getting left behind quite a bit. I just really need to figure out the balance between sitting before the fence, and closing my hip angle over the fence.