The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Maryland Horse Trials I&II (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/maryland-horse-trials-i-ii-91379/)

Strange 07-10-2011 08:54 PM

Maryland Horse Trials I&II

Did anyone compete this weekend or is anyone planning to compete this weekend?

I competed this weekend (today, actually) at training level and had an absolute blast. Not only has our dressage improved to a 33.2 (from a 38.6 at Fair Hill followed by a 36.8 at Seneca Valley), but the cross country was such a head rush! It was a wonderful course (no I'm not just biased because my coach is the course designer). MDHT is designed so that the first week's courses (for T & P) are harder and the second week's courses ( for T, P & I) are easier, that way you can move up to the next level (i.e. if this had been my fourth training I would have competed training this weekend and then prelim next weekend) because the first weekend's courses have all the elements and types of questions to prep you for the following weekend if you're moving up (an example, this weekend the training XC had an angle to angle two stride (offset jumps), and a double up bank (one stride) two strides to a ramp, where next weekend for prelim will be a double up bank to a one stride). Sadly, I won't be moving up as I haven't done my fourth training successfully yet (nor have I schooled all the prelim XC questions yet) but I know a few people who are and it'll be a fabulous move up for them! Really confidence building and what not, for both horse and rider.

kitten_Val 07-11-2011 12:50 PM

Where was it? Just curious... I don't event, but I helped out in dressage ring with that big event in Hunt Valley (I think it was in May).

Strange 07-11-2011 03:54 PM

Adamstown, MD. :)

kitten_Val 07-11-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strange (Post 1092965)
Adamstown, MD. :)

Oh, heck, that's FAR! :) No, I wouldn't go even to watch. Lol!

Strange 07-11-2011 06:47 PM

Lol it's about a 2 hour drive for us. We come across the bay bridge, up 97 to 100, then 29 to...I don't remember what road it is, lol. Not a bad drive at all. Pretty easy.

kitten_Val 07-11-2011 06:52 PM

O-o.... I see... I googled it up. In fact not too bad for me if I'd drive. Somehow I always thought Adamstown is in Southern MD, but it's definitely in Western MD (and I'm kinda in Western MD too). Are you going to compete again any soon?

Strange 07-11-2011 09:19 PM

I won't be there this weekend unfortunately, my coach, barn manager, and one of my coach's other students will be there though.