The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Stolen Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/stolen-horses/)
-   -   "Roanie" Stolen Right Before Competition (http://www.horseforum.com/stolen-horses/roanie-stolen-right-before-competition-91666/)

SugarPlumLove 07-13-2011 05:38 AM

"Roanie" Stolen Right Before Competition

Horse missing hours before competition - KFOR

How someone could just take a girls best friend away right before a big competition is just beyond me. I'd like to hang whoever did this from a tree!

Please spread the word and keep your eyes peeled for this horse!

Alwaysbehind 07-13-2011 06:53 AM

I hope they find Roanie.

The article you linked says the family thinks he may of just wandered off. It makes me wonder if there was an open gate or something that is not mentioned in the article.

Mocha26 07-13-2011 09:25 AM

Poor kid :( if that horse was stolen, that just makes me sick. People are crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

mysticalhorse 07-13-2011 09:45 AM

I have the app on my phone so it wouldnt link direct to the story.... I hope they find her horse! Since I am in the area I will keep an eye out!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

ItzKayley 07-14-2011 07:23 AM

Why would someone steal a horse... honestly!

@Alwaysbehind I agree, but they did say 'No broken fence or evidence of the horse could be found'. Although, it does not say a thing about gates does it?

Alwaysbehind 07-14-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItzKayley (Post 1096465)
@Alwaysbehind I agree, but they did say 'No broken fence or evidence of the horse could be found'. Although, it does not say a thing about gates does it?

Exactly.
I was wondering if they were saying something by omitting that tid bit.

I know the 2x my pony has been loose, only one of those times it had anything to do with a broken fence. :wink:

I do hope they find this girl's horse. Glad she has another horse to compete on.

ItzKayley 07-14-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind (Post 1096468)
Exactly.
I was wondering if they were saying something by omitting that tid bit.

I know the 2x my pony has been loose, only one of those times it had anything to do with a broken fence. :wink:

I do hope they find this girl's horse. Glad she has another horse to compete on.

Agreed. :)

Crossover 07-14-2011 11:10 PM

This is a sad article.

Only thing is that all I could think of was that if it were my horse I would be too busy searching far and wide to even think about competeing.

Falicity 07-15-2011 05:21 PM

Poor girl! I would be devastated if my horse dissapeared, competition or not. Sadly I am in a different country so I'm probably not much help... but could Roanie have jumped out?

SugarPlumLove 07-15-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falicity (Post 1098327)
Poor girl! I would be devastated if my horse dissapeared, competition or not. Sadly I am in a different country so I'm probably not much help... but could Roanie have jumped out?

Well they said they've looked everywhere and Roanie is used to that pen