The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Sport Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/sport-horses/)
-   -   ODIN warmblood stallion Do you know him? (http://www.horseforum.com/sport-horses/odin-warmblood-stallion-do-you-know-91692/)

WildAcreFarms 07-13-2011 12:46 PM

ODIN warmblood stallion Do you know him?

Hey guys (and gals of course)
I'd like to know if anyone knows anything about a Warmblood stallion names ODIN? he is supposed to be hot stuff according to the person who i got my horse from but i know less then nothing about WBs. i don't even know which registry he is from. My guy is a huge Red gelding 17hh sweetie pie and very lazy. some of you bloodlines experts that know WBs I'd love to know anything you know about Normans daddy Odin

Spyder 07-13-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildAcreFarms (Post 1095483)
My guy is a huge Red gelding 17hh

Since your horse is chestnut I am assuming this is probably the Odin you may be referring to.

Size and colour is right.

Stallions

WildAcreFarms 07-13-2011 04:27 PM

thanks Spyder!!

hey i think that is TOTALLY him. his mommy is a TB and the lady said his daddy was "Odin" like everyone knew him. that pic of Odin looks pretty much identical to my boy. he is a huge love bug BIG BIG boy. i'm wanting to start working with him on dressage when the weather cools off. i think its just too hot to ride rite now. shoot i had to set up a mister in the trees by the water tank and leave the water dripping in there just to keep them cool enough to stand around in the pasture. i can't imagine how these horses i see are being ridden in this heat.

WildAcreFarms 07-13-2011 04:47 PM

spyder

Plus it looks like a lot of his get are 1/2 TB. so is the daddy KWPN? and what does that designation mean? also what does the ++ mean after some horses in the pedigree? Im assuming it denotes some kind of performance or championships?? is there any place that i can research Odin or the type of WB he is? do you know anything about that line? eg typical character size aptitudes and the like? I know you are the board expert in Wbs :)

Spyder 07-13-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildAcreFarms (Post 1095828)
Plus it looks like a lot of his get are 1/2 TB. so is the daddy KWPN? and what does that designation mean? also what does the ++ mean after some horses in the pedigree? Im assuming it denotes some kind of performance or championships?? is there any place that i can research Odin or the type of WB he is? do you know anything about that line? eg typical character size aptitudes and the like? I know you are the board expert in Wbs :)

Easily enough to research. I am not as familiar with the Dutch registry but simple research should give you some answers. Here is a start.

This is a well thought of line.

Here is Iroko ( Odin's sire)

And take a look at the registry...

KWPN-NA

WildAcreFarms 07-16-2011 01:01 PM

thanks again Spyder I've been looking at just the registry page for days it's awesome. i really like this horse other than being a little lazy he is great. easy to ride even tho the ppl i got him from told me (after my first ride) that he has not been ridden in 4 years he was totally fine. i see why they say these horses are good for amatures. easy going temperament and all. thanks again for the info :)