The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Cody OTTB Possiable Buy? Opnions needed (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/cody-ottb-possiable-buy-opnions-needed-91708/)

Klassic Superstar 07-13-2011 04:51 PM

Cody OTTB Possiable Buy? Opnions needed

1 Attachment(s)
Here is his add: DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1700331 - Dicey Deal

4 YR 16h bay w/ blaze & 3 socks

I really like the looks of him, I simply cannot affored a trained Jumper that has shown.

I am looking for a jumping prospect, for sure want a TB.
I am wiating for more pictures and or Video

I might go see him next week if the person who comes today to check him out doesnt do vet check.

What do you think???

waresbear 07-13-2011 04:57 PM

Nice looking horse from what I can see.

Arksly 07-13-2011 05:16 PM

I think he's worth to go and look at. You can't really tell much about him in the picture but he does look very happy and healthy which is always a good thing.

blue eyed pony 07-14-2011 09:10 AM

He has a nice chest and a kind face/expression. The rest is hard to tell but generally if there's something really glaring it'll show up. He looks a tiny bit toe out in the hind legs but that may just be how he's standing.

Dressage10135 07-14-2011 09:48 AM

He looks like nice from what little I can see from the picture. Good idea on asking for more pictures.. you should be able to see a little more clearly how his conformation looks.

Just wanted to point out that he is only 2 months off the track. That is very little time and will require an experienced horseman (woman) to bring him around. I know you were just desperately trying to sell your green mare.. do you suddenly have more time than you realized?

Not trying to be rude... its just the off the track guys take tons more time and effort (and money) than most other horses.

Klassic Superstar 07-14-2011 02:27 PM

Yes I have more time, and I have some more money comming in, more the I thoaght. She is now sold and in a wonderful home.

I have worked with many OTTBs so yes I understnad it takes alot more then just two months to connect and see how the horse is going to be.

sarahver 07-14-2011 02:56 PM

Really can't tell much from the photo other than he is an very attractive specimen. Post more pics when you have them!