The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   TuffRider Breeches (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/tuffrider-breeches-91776/)

jinxremoving 07-14-2011 08:49 AM

TuffRider Breeches

Anyone have any experience with TuffRider Breeches? More or less wondering how durable they are compared to some of the more well known brands out there, like Ariat and Tailored Sportsman. Thanks! :]

MIEventer 07-14-2011 11:05 AM

I have 2 pairs of TuffRider Tights, and I love them. I hate breechers personally, I love my tights. I just pull them on, and voila - out the door.

I wear my 1 pair on a regular basis when I ride and the other pair are for HT's. Mine are still holding strong and they are 2 years old. I got them last Xmas as a present.

BarnMouse 07-14-2011 03:07 PM

I started out riding in Tuff Riders, but switched to Irideon cadence tights after a sales lady suggested I try a pair on and after that I was hooked. The Irideons are really expensive, but oh-so-comfy and very flattering. I'm not too sure about their durability though. I only ride once a week, but haven't noticed any signs of wear until just recently (nine months after I bought them).

Sunny 07-14-2011 05:59 PM

I have two pair: one pair of lightweight pull-ons, and a pair of winter pull-ons.
Love them both! Very comfy.
Posted via Mobile Device

eqkidd 07-16-2011 12:51 AM

I have some TuffRiders and I really like them.
Tuff Rider™ Cotton Low Rise Riding Breeches < Knee Patch Breeches < Riding Apparel|Dover Saddlery.
I prefer to wear Kerrits or Ariat though.

jinxremoving 07-16-2011 08:30 AM

Thanks everyone! I'll give them a try. :)

MIEventer 07-16-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny (Post 1097112)
I have two pair: one pair of lightweight pull-ons, and a pair of winter pull-ons.
Love them both! Very comfy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me! I have a pair of Winter Tights too, that have withstood hard winter riding for 3 years now.

I really do like my Tuff Riders! Affordable, and just as good as other brands.

MsKibibi 07-16-2011 01:05 PM

I have two pairs: one knee patch and the other is full seat. I really like them but the pocket zipper just broke on one of them, which is an easy fix. I rarely use the pocket so I'm not even sure why/how it broke. The seams are sturdy though and they're comfortable.

MyLittleHunter 07-18-2011 11:00 AM

I have several pairs of Breeches and my TuffRiders have held up excellently for 4 years now. Out of all my practice breeches they're the only ones that I haven't had to repair, and I'm hard on breeches. lol. My winter TuffRiders are incredibly warm and have also held up really well over 4 years. And I happen to find them very comfortable.

Eliz 07-18-2011 06:01 PM

I have the TuffRider Dryarn full seat/low rise breeches. I LOVE them! They are great for summer. The material is moisture-wicking and it sort of reminds me of Underarmour fabric the way it hold you either cool or warm.

TuffRider Performance Low Rise Dryarn Full Seat Breeches#