The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What would you do (Show scheduling questions) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-would-you-do-show-scheduling-91802/)

Mickey4793 07-14-2011 02:46 PM

What would you do (Show scheduling questions)

Hey all! Haven't posted in a while!

I entered into this huge three day dressage event my barn holds every July. I unfortunately entered late, but was ok with paying the late entry fee and all that jazz. Both me and my barn owner really looked into me entering the event late, as there was a possibility there would be no room for me, but looking at the schedule there seemed to be some room left in the test classes I was looking to compete in.

Well. Earlier in the week I emailed the secretary asking if she recieved my entry and payments, and she said yes, but that there was no room for me in my events, but she'd put me on a wait list in case there were any scratches. I understood the risk of this happening; although I was pretty certain there was room. I'm slightly disappointed, but completely understand and that it's my fault for entering late.

Buuuuuut. The event is tomorrow. No work on any scratches. I emailed the secretary once more to assure if any room had opened up or not. I'm patiently waiting for a reply. Buuuut (again) If a spot's opened up, I need to bathe, clip, and braid my horse, clean my tack, etc. If a spot hasn't opened, I don't want to do all that for nothing. I'm worried I won't know if there's a spot till late tonight and then tomorrow morning I'll be riding at 8 am with an unbraided horse and dirty tack. Or that I won't know until tomorrow morning and that's even worse.

What can I do? What would you do? Advice! Please :)

wetrain17 07-14-2011 05:51 PM

It doesn't take long to clip your horse (I'm assuming just the muzzle) and why not clean your tack? You shouldn't neglect your tack. We infest a lot of money and people never seem to take the time to clean it on a regular basis. I dont clean my every time i use it, but I a quick wipe down about twice a week. It saves time so I dont have to spend hours scraping dirt off with my nails! (we all know what i'm talking about!)

churumbeque 07-14-2011 06:19 PM

At this late I would have planned on not going if there wasn't room a day or so before

Mickey4793 07-15-2011 04:19 PM

UPDATE:

Yesterday at 5:30 PM a spot opened up, I braided my horse up, clipped him, and got to ride him today in the show :D

I ended up plaving fourth in a class of nine, and it was our first non schooling show. SO PROUD.

Video soon.