The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Eventing - Your thoughts on these two horses? (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/eventing-your-thoughts-these-two-horses-91836/)

iloverains 07-14-2011 08:55 PM

Eventing - Your thoughts on these two horses?

6yo 15.1hh bay mare - Australian Stock Horse - Horsezone - Page 5

not very good photos, but of what you can see, what do you think of her, would she be to small and struggle over 2*? (obviously she would need to be trained to do it, and her personality etc. etc.) But conformation and what not. (:

and this horse - Beautiful well mannered Broodmare or Project - Warmblood - Horsezone - Page 4

same deal! apart from the being to small part.

p.s. I'm a experienced rider, and have broken and trained a million horses before, and no I don't want a already trained horse, thank you!

KBailey13 07-15-2011 12:29 AM

Personally, I like the Warmblood type horse. Has better conformation for eventing/jumping. They are both nice horses though!

iloverains 07-15-2011 12:43 AM

Thanks KBailey!! I think I like her more too... (: shame shes further away, 13 hours!

Strange 07-15-2011 08:41 PM

I actually prefer the ASH, but neither ad has very good pictures. And I'd rather see video to judge a horse upon anyway. If you're looking for something to go above a two star, then I can't really make a good judgement based on poor quality pictures.

Allison Finch 07-15-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloverains (Post 1097189)
6yo 15.1hh bay mare - Australian Stock Horse - Horsezone - Page 5

not very good photos, but of what you can see, what do you think of her, would she be to small and struggle over 2*? (obviously she would need to be trained to do it, and her personality etc. etc.) But conformation and what not. (:

and this horse - Beautiful well mannered Broodmare or Project - Warmblood - Horsezone - Page 4

same deal! apart from the being to small part.

p.s. I'm a experienced rider, and have broken and trained a million horses before, and no I don't want a already trained horse, thank you!

A million??

I much prefer the second mare, personally. Both horses are being presented with really horrible photos, so it is hard to make a good decision based on them.

Any way for you to go and give them a try?

MIEventer 07-15-2011 11:45 PM

If you've trained so many horses, then you should know what would be the best option for you.

gypsygirl 07-16-2011 03:43 PM

based on those photos, i wouldnt consider either horse for what you want. if you like the wb type mare i would request videos before traveling 13hrs

iloverains 07-17-2011 07:52 PM

Thanks guys, and yeah MIeventer, I just thought your opinion could be helpful, on something I may have missed.

and Gypsygirl - I'll be sure to ask for way more photo's and videos!

and yeah, I know there bad photo's, I didn't take them and I don't have any others!

iloverains 07-17-2011 07:54 PM

Oh and Allison, a million is just a figure of speech /: I've broken in about 10 horses/ponies, trained 3 stallions, and trained about 50 other horses. So no, defiantly not anywhere near a million, but you get the point.

wild horses 07-22-2011 07:35 AM

urgghhh size dosnt really matter go for quality over size. pony grandprix showjumping is 1.30m and those are ponies jumping- which is higher than 2**