The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Everything stolen!!:( (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/everything-stolen-91941/)

kln1993 07-15-2011 05:58 PM

Everything stolen!!:(

Today I went out to my tack room to find everything EVERYTHING was stolen.
My saddle...Bridles...Saddle pad...Everything I spend months working for.
I worked so hard for it all and now I cant even ride my horse its going to take months to earn all the money back.
I cant believe people are so cruel..
I asked the barn manager if he could donate some tack for a few months and he denied.
He said hes not responsible. I understand but still he has trail horses and plenty of saddles..Wish he could put his self in my place
Seems i'm the only one who was "robbed"
Im just so upset...I barley have any money and my tack wasnt even all that great. To top it off my grandma owns a ranch about 4 hours north of me and I asked her if she could ship me down one of her old saddles she dosent even use so I could borrow it for a few months and she also denied
People are SO cruel:(
and no ones seen anything so I don't even have a lead...Hopeless. :-(

Golden Horse 07-15-2011 06:44 PM

Have you filed a police report? Is any of it covered by insurance, was it a locked room?

Does everyone have their own tack room there, sounds like a nice place, most places I've been you have to share.

Sorry that no one can lend you anything, I would be scouting ebay and Craigs list, you may find a bargain to replace your stuff, and may even find your own stuff being offered for sale

Allison Finch 07-15-2011 07:37 PM

Yeah, check ebay and craigslist....you might find YOUR tack. If you do, contact the police and they might help you set up a sting to catch the thief.

kln1993 07-15-2011 09:06 PM

Both yall are right. Didnt really cross my mind to check that out.
I plan on sending a report in now, I really hope something comes up! thanks

kitten_Val 07-15-2011 09:10 PM

Good luck! It's quite sad situation.

MsKibibi 07-15-2011 09:32 PM

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.

Cinnys Whinny 07-15-2011 09:40 PM

I'm so sorry that happend. I would have called the police ASAP so they could dust for prints and do an official report for you, although it may not be too late for them to file a report for you.

I agree with looking on Ebay, also if you have Craigs List or other things like it in which people can sell items, I would check them ALL out. You might luck out and find it there, if it's Craigs List and there is a number or you can pretend to be interested in buying it, get the address and then call the police to accompany you to the address (after you have reported it to them) it could come out well for you.

sandy2u1 07-16-2011 03:29 AM

It sounds like your are boarding. Was anyone elses tack stolen? Don't you all keep your tack in the same room? Did the barn manager not think you should call the police?

Bandy 07-16-2011 06:01 AM

Oh no thats awful! and thats so selfish they wont lend you gear.
where about are you located maybe theres someone on here willing to lend you basics lead n halter etc?

I know i have one horse, like 5 headstalls leads grooming gear saddles n pads laying around im actually having a clean out soon as my dads gotta move and my gears out there.
but im in australia

blue eyed pony 07-16-2011 07:25 AM

Gee, that's why I don't like keeping my stuff in the shed... and we live on the property! I keep it there but I still don't like it. There's just no room for it in the house.

You'd think someone could at least lend you a halter and lead so you can look after your horse, it's just stingy and selfish not to! A halter is what, $10 if you get a cheap one. Leads can be that cheap too. Second hand, you might even pick them up for $1 and sometimes even for free.

I have, between 3 horses:
5 lead ropes
1 pair of rope reins that attach to a halter
4 rope halters
4 web halters
6 saddles (only one is in use)
various saddle pads
ribbon browbands that I've lost count of (some of which are in totally the wrong sizes - I tried to make some to sell and can't sell them)
7 or 8 different bits that aren't being used
1 or 2 bits that are being used
6 bridles (one leather show bridle, one leather work bridle, one synthetic cross-country/wet-weather bridle, one brown leather cob sized bridle, and two different bitless bridles)
various first-aid items
4 fly masks (and still haven't bought one for Satin)
about 12 rugs
various grooming gear

I have so much spare stuff, if I was close enough to you I'd let you borrow what I don't use. I'm so sorry to hear about the thoughtless crime you have fallen victim to, and I hope you get your stuff back soon.