The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   saddle savers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/saddle-savers-92037/)

clio 07-16-2011 02:57 PM

saddle savers

Ive been looking into buying a padded or gel saddle saver. Ive really hurt my tailbone or something in that area and im in alot of pain when riding especailly when trotting or cantering. Does anyone else have this problem and are these saddle savers any good. Could anyone recommend one that I could buy in the uk. Many thanks

Stakie 07-16-2011 02:59 PM

I have had a tail bone issue since I was 16. It never really goes away. I am 22 now and it still hurts if I sit on something too hard. The only way I can get on a saddle that doesn't have a lot of cushion is with one of those saddle savers. I would look on Amazon, they for like 40 dollars. I get the super gel ones.. not the ones with fur.

kitten_Val 07-16-2011 07:13 PM

I have sheepskin saver on my A/P saddle I use on trails, and I love it. I also put it on my dressage saddle during winter - keeps my butt warm. Unfortunately I'm in US, so can't really recommend any store in UK to buy one. :(

clio 07-17-2011 02:18 PM

'O my'

Have just bought one on ebay, don't know the make but it looks like the suede foam one, hope its ok, im panicing now incase its no good. I always like to think about it before I buy ive never just bought one like that. I suppose I could always sell it on if not what I wanted.

Stakie 07-17-2011 05:05 PM

If you don't like it.. someone out there would.

kitten_Val 07-17-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clio (Post 1100127)
Have just bought one on ebay, don't know the make but it looks like the suede foam one, hope its ok, im panicing now incase its no good. I always like to think about it before I buy ive never just bought one like that. I suppose I could always sell it on if not what I wanted.

Don't worry too early! :wink: Foam is good too (and not as expensive). I've seen some nice ones for western saddles at the Expo last winter.

Prinella 07-17-2011 09:45 PM

I had one on an OLD racing saddle I was using on a Shetland (it actually did fit) between bouncy pony trots and near concrete seat the thin sheepskin i had on helped SOOO much.

tbstorm 07-17-2011 10:49 PM

i've ridden with a sheep skin one but never a gel pad... absolutely love the sheepskin... in the winter, but when summer rolls around my bum bum gets pretty toasty!!! but they're awesome! dont know of any stores in the uk, im a canadian gal sorry but the internet is amazing for things like that!