The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   crates saddle? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/crates-saddle-92133/)

horsenaround123 07-17-2011 05:58 PM

crates saddle?

hi there! i am looking at a crates saddle and wondering, does anyone know if there seat sizing, and gullet sizing is normal? or if there is anything strange/ great about these saddles? thanks:)

FreeDestiny 07-17-2011 06:25 PM

Emily, I don't think your game needs to be promoted here....

As for the saddle, I'm pretty sure my BO had one and loved it, never heard a complaint about sizing....but he never complains about anything :P
Posted via Mobile Device

horsenaround123 07-17-2011 07:13 PM

and what would you recoment freedestiny, billy cook saddle or crates?

FreeDestiny 07-17-2011 07:15 PM

Billy Cook would be my choice :)
Posted via Mobile Device

MHFoundation Quarters 07-17-2011 07:41 PM

I love my Crates. As far as fit, I've had it for years and it's been on a lot of horses (all QH) and fit darn near all of them. I also have 2 that were custom made by Charles Crawley who sold out to Crates many years ago and they are by far my favorites. I also have 2 Cook's, a Bona Allen & show in a Dale Chavez. I like them all but ride the Crawleys or the Crates over the others any day. The new Cook's are not nearly as well made as the vintage.

FreeDestiny 07-17-2011 07:42 PM

Agreed, older Cooks are nicer...
Posted via Mobile Device

trailhorserider 07-17-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeDestiny (Post 1100414)
Agreed, older Cooks are nicer...
Posted via Mobile Device

Even the Sulpher, OK ones?

I am thinking of buying one like this because I really want a nice wade/rancher style saddle for trail riding.

New Billy Cook 15" ARBUCKLE WADE Ranch - Roping Saddle | eBay

I have a wade currently (Rider's Choice) that I really like, but I want a second one and I want to try to make sure I am getting a quality saddle. But I'm still on a budget too, know what I mean? It seems like a good price for a Billy Cook, and it's made in Sulpher, OK. Unless you think these have gone downhill too?