The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Can anybody help me find out more information about a horse? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/can-anybody-help-me-find-out-92269/)

Mickey4793 07-18-2011 07:39 PM

Can anybody help me find out more information about a horse?

My horse, to be precise. My mom "lost" his papers.. whatever that means. I bought him a bit over a year ago. He's 13 years old, an appendix QH, flea bitten grey, 16.1-16.2 hands, and he has raced (he's tattooed). I tried to read the number off his tattoo but the very last two are incredibly smudged.

I've tried google searching with some of that information but no luck. I only want to know because whenever we enter in a shiow I don't know what to put for a show name, and honestly, it would be cool to know some more of his background that I don't already know.

But I don't even know how to start to find information, google gives me thousands of horses with the same name and breed. And I don't want to pay to find information- I know some sites charge.

Any help, tips, or advice welcome. Thanks :)

Poco1220 07-18-2011 07:44 PM

Can you take some photos of the tattoo?
Posted via Mobile Device

heartprints62 07-18-2011 07:45 PM

Do you know his registered name, number, and/or where the papers transfered into your (or your mom's) name? If not transfered, do you know the previous owner on the papers (hopefully the person you bought the horse from)?

Mickey4793 07-18-2011 07:45 PM

I'm not at the barn right now, but I can tomorrow when I go up. I need to catch him when he's sleepy, lol. otherwise he fusses when I go for his lip

maggiesshowjumping 01-04-2013 09:27 PM

if you can get several photos of the tattoo I would be more than happy to do what I can to get his records for you.