The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   WHY NO calls or emails back? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/why-no-calls-emails-back-92445/)

Julirs 07-20-2011 12:29 AM

WHY NO calls or emails back?
 
I was in active conversation through email with 2 sellers about going out to see their horses. One for over a month, and one over the course of a week. When the weekend came that I could go out, I started asking for a good time to go, and then nothing. No response at all. Is this common? I mean if they sold their horses can't they just reply and say that? Then yesterday an ad pops up for a local paint. I email, my trainer calls, then NOTHING. This is very frustrating. For the first 2 I provided a video of the barn and grounds where I will be boarding-which is beautiful. One seller thought it was perfect-then nothing. I don't get it at all.

Cat 07-20-2011 12:40 AM

How much time did you give between the e-mail stating you could go out and the day you were expecting? Not everyone is waiting by their computers for e-mails to come in and if they have shows or something sometimes e-mails go unanswered till they get back. This is also the time of year for vacations.

Personally if I am really interested in a horse I will get a phone number and contact them that way. There are a lot of tire kickers out there and actually calling lets the seller know that you are serious.

Julirs 07-20-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat (Post 1103929)
How much time did you give between the e-mail stating you could go out and the day you were expecting? Not everyone is waiting by their computers for e-mails to come in and if they have shows or something sometimes e-mails go unanswered till they get back. This is also the time of year for vacations.

Personally if I am really interested in a horse I will get a phone number and contact them that way. There are a lot of tire kickers out there and actually calling lets the seller know that you are serious.

For the one that was most interested I contacted her over the course of a month, the last time on the 10th that stated I could come see him on the 17th. Both of these people have email on their phone. As far as the paint, my trainer left a voice mail and I left one today.

Ladytrails 07-20-2011 12:45 AM

Don't know what the weather is like in Florida, but they might be waiting until it's cooler and less dangerous to put a sweat on the horse in a trial ride. (or cooler for them...) We sold a horse one summer and the lookers always rode pretty hard. Before the trial rides, I hadn't even thought about the danger of overheating my horse.

And, it's kids' baseball season right now. My hairdresser can't even tell me when my next appointment is because she works part time and is in the middle of little league tournaments....

Or, they are just rude and either don't want to deal with the sale right now or already sold the horse and are too lazy/rude to let you know.

waresbear 07-20-2011 12:59 AM

Either they sold the horse or decided to keep it. When you have a prospective buyer, one doesn't usually put them off.

tblver 07-20-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladytrails (Post 1103939)
Don't know what the weather is like in Florida, but they might be waiting until it's cooler and less dangerous to put a sweat on the horse in a trial ride. (or cooler for them...) We sold a horse one summer and the lookers always rode pretty hard. Before the trial rides, I hadn't even thought about the danger of overheating my horse.

It doesn't get dark in Tampa till almost 9.....if you can't ride early in the AM, then you've got 3 hours after work to do it.

Honestly, when dealing with people over the internet, most are just rude.
Posted via Mobile Device

kitten_Val 07-20-2011 02:44 PM

IMHO it's rude. I always get back to the person contacting me about tack or trailer if it got sold. So they wouldn't hold any hope. But then people are different, and yes, when I was looking for saddles I run into EXACTLY same issue. Some people just suddenly disappear and never get back to you. Just take it as part of business. :wink:

Julirs 07-20-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tblver (Post 1104535)
It doesn't get dark in Tampa till almost 9.....if you can't ride early in the AM, then you've got 3 hours after work to do it.

Honestly, when dealing with people over the internet, most are just rude.
Posted via Mobile Device

I lesson here in Tampa from 6:30-9 and it starts to cool down (or rain) at that time. I am certainly not going to go trial a horse and run it down! I also do not think that excuses a non call back or email in the age that most people have email on their cell phones. I guess it comes down to being rude. All I can think is that for the one very interested person that she ended up selling it to someone because I was taking too long (it was 2 hours away) and maybe would have rather sold it to me.

haviris 07-20-2011 11:52 PM

Personally if it was a whole month, I'd start thinking the buyer wasn't truely that interested. Although it is rude not the atleast let you know the horse was sold, or no longer avaliable if that is the case.

Julirs 07-21-2011 12:26 AM

Well, the person that recently posted the Paint for sale did call back, and the horse is at a barn right down the road from the barn I will be boarding at and lessoning at. We went and checked him out and rode him tonight. This is so much a harder decision than I imagined. I am scared to make the wrong choice, and also scared to pass up a great thing! Luckily my very experienced trainer is doing some great hand-holding and giving me solid guidance.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0