The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Blue Horse Martine (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/blue-horse-martine-92489/)

netty83 07-20-2011 12:34 PM

Blue Horse Martine

I have just recently become interested in dressage to give myself and my mare abit of focus as we usually hack out. Upon searching youtube for dressage tests i came across an amazing video of Blue Horse Martine literally dancing to music. I was amazed and watched it quite a few times one after the other. I don't aspire to be even half as good as that but wow what an amazing combination of horse and rider. :D

kitten_Val 07-20-2011 01:52 PM

I really like her too. I believe she's dead though (accident or something while back).

Jessabel 07-20-2011 01:55 PM

^^^ Yes, she died not long ago. She was retired to a broodmare, and she was in foal when it happened. I believe they found her in the pasture with a broken leg. A freak accident, from what I understand. Something about getting caught in the fence or something. Very sad.

netty83 07-20-2011 03:54 PM

yeah she broke her leg, such a shame she was extremely talented. it's amazing how she had such expressive movement even down to swishing her tail. I can imagine she could be a handful.

tinyliny 07-20-2011 03:56 PM

That video is a classic. Some people said she was swishing her tail in pain. Nonsense! YOu can see she puts her whole heart and soul in . It's an amazing video (Blue Hors Matinee is the correct spelling, I think)

netty83 07-20-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1104814)
That video is a classic. Some people said she was swishing her tail in pain. Nonsense! YOu can see she puts her whole heart and soul in . It's an amazing video (Blue Hors Matinee is the correct spelling, I think)

oops not my strongest point spelling. I don't believe she was in pain either. Those flying lead changes down the centre line were amazing! It has inspired me to give dressage a try. Nothing on a grand scale but i'm looking into doing my first test ever actually will be my first show ever as i usually hack out an have never done any schooling. I'm really looking forward to it.

tinyliny 07-20-2011 04:35 PM

I am looking forward to hearing about your journey as you explore dressage.

When I first discovered dressage (I had never even heard of it, having only ridden Western as a kid), I asked my teacher how long it took to become a good rider. "Ten Years" was her answer. Of course, How good of a rider is the big question. I am a much better rider than I was 10 years ago, but NOT A GOOD RIDER.

Anyway, if you feel up to it, get someone to video your first show. Best of luck!

Allison Finch 07-20-2011 05:02 PM

Welcome to the world of 20 meter circles!! Dressage can become a passion. It can improve everything you do, even if you never intend to show and just trail ride.

MyBoyPuck 07-20-2011 06:25 PM

Oh yeah, that video can definitely get you hooked on dressage. I hope that's out there for all eternity.

netty83 07-21-2011 09:12 AM

I've found out that there is a local show coming up shortly that are doing the intro test so i'm going along to watch, then i'll do the next one. I will do it on my lesson horse as my mare needs some schooling and majorly pushes through with her right shoulder, the last thing i need on top of overwhelming nerves is to be having a conversation with my mares shoulder mid test. Just hope i remember the test, memory not all that great since having my daughter. Video it are you kidding??????? i would be far two embarrassed to post a video of my riding right now but maybe i will get it taped so that i can see myself ride maybe i'm not as bad as i think i am.:oops: