The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Best Protective Vest? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/best-protective-vest-92562/)

SilverAiko 07-20-2011 10:16 PM

Best Protective Vest?

I'm going to be getting a Protective Vest but I'm not sure what to get. I've been using a Tipperary...which I know aren't good, but I've been saving for one of my own.

I've had someone mention Rodney Powell Vests, I've heard of them but I don't know much about them. Does anyone here have one? What do you think about them?

I also had someone say the Airowear vests are good?

What should I look for in a good vest?

MyBoyPuck 07-20-2011 10:18 PM

I love my Airowear vest. Get it from the UK and it comes in colors and is cheaper than in the US.

gypsygirl 07-20-2011 10:23 PM

i have a rodney powell and i love it. it is a really custom fit, you send in a bunch of measurements. my vest ifts me really well and is super comfy ! i think it was around $200.

MIEventer 07-20-2011 11:07 PM

I am currently using the Flex Rider vest, which is a great vest at a great price - but I am saving my pennies to get the Rhodney Powell.

whichever vest you choose, just make sure it is certified and approved through ASTM and meets BETA Level 3 standards.

kitten_Val 07-21-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsygirl (Post 1105375)
i have a rodney powell and i love it. it is a really custom fit, you send in a bunch of measurements. my vest ifts me really well and is super comfy ! i think it was around $200.

Gypsy, where did you order it from? I thought about Airowear, but I'm AWFUL when it comes to measurements, and afraid I may have to return it if I order. :(

OP, I never tried RP, but Airowear is indeed VERY comfy (but expensive).

Charles Owen is another good brand, but it's rather "cardboard"-feeling. :)

equiniphile 07-21-2011 01:16 PM

I love my Airowear. Make sure that whatever vest you decide on is certified, as some of the cheaper brands are not.