The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Shaping/Support Under Breeches (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/shaping-support-under-breeches-92656/)

Ferhoodled 07-21-2011 08:41 PM

Shaping/Support Under Breeches

I got a new pair of Ariat breeches recently. I'm really happy with them... but not so happy with my thighs and butt :shock: It's not atrocious, but I feel somewhat self-conscious and would like to have another layer under there.

So, I was looking around at options for liners or riding underwear that would help with shaping and support. I found the FITS Wunderbreech (FITS - Wunderbreech) and the SmartSlims (SmartSlim - Undergarments from SmartPak Equine). Does anyone have experience with either of them? Or are there other suggestions? I'm not really a fan of the pantyhose/tights or bike shorts options. I'd love some feedback on these products. Thanks!

Ferhoodled 07-22-2011 07:09 PM

Bump. Anyone?

StormvaleQHStud 08-03-2011 01:41 PM

You can get like thigh and belly wear from bra shops that work pretty well ( and people get rid of them when not needed at opshops and can get them for like 1/3 off the original price or even less!! Scored myself a couple from there :) for shows. At home I don't give a rats what I look like in that way riding in my arena or on the trails. Bit I'm forcing myself to workout everyday now lol! Sigh it's goddam hard work lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

Alwaysbehind 08-03-2011 02:05 PM

I have not used them myself but I have heard lots of good things about the Smartslims.

Ferhoodled 08-11-2011 02:54 PM

So I did end up getting the SmartSlims. They're pretty decent, although it's definitely a different feeling having them on under breeches. They can be a little scratchy, but they're not bad. Probably wouldn't school in them, of course, but for shows it seems fine.

Jamzimm101987 08-11-2011 08:02 PM

Buy yourself a pair of Ovation Slim Secret Breeches. I bought one pair and had to buy a second. They are so comfortable and slim you in all the right places. They have very little stretch and it is amazing at how nice they make you look!

MHFoundation Quarters 08-11-2011 09:00 PM

I wear Spanx under my showmanship pants & slinky shirts for western. Haven't ridden english in ages (at least not in public lol!) but I think it would work well for that also, it's no seam.

Something like this
Slim Cognito Shape-Suit |Slim Cognito

waresbear 08-13-2011 02:22 PM

I will tell you one thing & this was a mistake & I will never do it again....don't ever never wear thong panties while riding. I forgot & pulled on the breeches & went to lesson, I believe my tailbone is still scarred!

Lifeofriley 10-07-2011 07:04 AM

Waresbear, really? That's all I wear when I ride! No VPL and you don't end up with the annoying half wedgie.
Posted via Mobile Device