The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Help! I don't know what this class is about! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/help-i-dont-know-what-class-92665/)

Onetrickpony 07-21-2011 10:18 PM

Help! I don't know what this class is about!

Hey everyone!

Next weekend, im entering a western show that has western pleasure in the morning then games and gymkhana in the afternoon!

On the entry sheet theres 2 classes under the title "performance"

The first one says "open versatility/command class" I know what that is, my horse is pretty good at it:):)

but then underneath that it says "open suitable for reining horse" would that just be an open "rookie" reining class? Aah! Im so confused!

Thanks for all your help!:wink:

smrobs 07-21-2011 11:38 PM

I'm not sure what that would be, you might want to call the judge or the people in charge of the association that is putting on the show and get some clarification.

Onetrickpony 07-22-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrobs (Post 1106912)
I'm not sure what that would be, you might want to call the judge or the people in charge of the association that is putting on the show and get some clarification.

Thanks:) I tried emailing them and they haven't answered yet. Which makes me very nervous because the show is in a week and I need to email in my entry form also and I don't wanna pay the late fees. Haha! :wink:

Oh by the way, im very sorry for posting this in the wrong category, it confuses me how to make a new thread so thats why it accedentally ended up in the horse breeds. Sorry about that!:-)

MHFoundation Quarters 07-22-2011 02:01 PM

The command part throws me a bit so I'm unsure. I did versatility competitions when I was younger. It was a series of events (WP, HUS, Reining & Barrels) You had a helper and had to change tack & clothes in the arena within 2 minutes between classes. It's cumulative over the 4 classes to determine the winner.