The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Showmanship (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/)
-   -   I want to hire stuntmen (for rearing) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/i-want-hire-stuntmen-rearing-92709/)

Sayshell 07-22-2011 12:05 PM

I want to hire stuntmen (for rearing)

I am from Alberta Canada and looking to hire a stuntmen for a couple days. These are the following requirements...
-need to be able to rear a horse (preferably bareback) very confidently as you will be wearing a costume which restricts vision somewhat.
-Needs to be an all black horse. (black saddle if you are using one too)
-Need ability to transport a horse
Their will be 2 filming days, you really don't have to do much, just rear and walk maybe 4-5 times. Most the time you will be doing absolutely nothing just sitting there while I set up costumes and cameras and figure things out, so you will only be actually doing maybe 10-20 minutes of work.
Each day will probably take 4-7 hours to film.

For price we can work something out. I would say something like 50$ an hour... or a flat rate per day. (300$) if you end up working under 6 hours.
+ a tip depending how good of a job is done. If your interested let me know, I have never hired anyone before for this so I made the price up on the spot. I don't have a ton of money and my budget is stretched a lot as is so please don't milk me. thanks :wink:

slowlopin 07-22-2011 04:56 PM

Whats the film about? and for?

Sayshell 07-22-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowlopin (Post 1107979)
Whats the film about? and for?

its a play I wrote and the film is an art video.

JustDressageIt 07-22-2011 07:52 PM

Alberta is very large - an area would be very helpful to those that might be interested in such a job.
Some things to consider, if you haven't already:
- Insurance/liability waiver. Rearing is a dangerous "trick." You might want to protect yourself if something goes wrong.
- Depending on the individual, they may require funds for transport. Or being in a movie might be compensation enough for some :)

Sayshell 07-23-2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDressageIt (Post 1108107)
Alberta is very large - an area would be very helpful to those that might be interested in such a job.
Some things to consider, if you haven't already:
- Insurance/liability waiver. Rearing is a dangerous "trick." You might want to protect yourself if something goes wrong.
- Depending on the individual, they may require funds for transport. Or being in a movie might be compensation enough for some :)

well everything happens in South west Alberta and the south west isn't too big. I don't care about a wavier I am not responsible for them getting hurt as they are completely responsible for their own safety as they are the expert in the situation. If someone is interested we can talk about prices. Right now I just need someone who can do it.

JustDressageIt 07-23-2011 10:18 AM

The area pretty well limits your talent to Southern Alberta except if you're willing to shell out big bucks for transport. Vital information.
If you think they won't come after you if they get hurt on your set ... well, to be frank, that's being extremely nieve. A waiver will at least maybe protect you in case of an accident. So much can go wrong on set, you don't want a lawsuit on your hands.
There is an Arabian breeder that comes on here, and she has a darker colored trick trained Arabian horse, I will try and think of her name for you.... Honestly as a horse person, reading your last post, I would be leery about the situation. Or be ecstatic about not signing a waiver as it gives me freedom for reimbursement should I get hurt.
I would strongly advise you to rethink your position on liability.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sayshell 07-23-2011 10:53 AM

I would just make them agree to not sue me. I trust people enough. If they sued me that is the equivilent of someone driving to my house because I invited them over, getting in a crash and saying its my fault for inviting them. If they were on my horse or something it would make some sense but really? I guess people really do abuse the law though.

pintophile 07-23-2011 11:00 AM

That is just what will happen. If they get hurt on their horse, doing a trick they were confident in doing (and willingly did), they will sue you. It seems ridiculous and it is, but that is unfortunately what happens nowadays. It would be good to make sure you have at least something in writing removing you from the responsibility.

Katesrider011 07-23-2011 11:03 AM

Sorry to say, but people lie. They might say they aren't gonna sue, but that's them thinking nothing will happen. But when something happens they'll turn around and sue you. I highly recommend that waiver for guarentee that a lawsuit won't happen.

slowlopin 07-23-2011 11:17 AM

I agree there should be a waiver especially with the horse world these days :P