The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Stories and Poems (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-stories-poems/)
-   -   new horse novel Blaze of Glory (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-stories-poems/new-horse-novel-blaze-glory-92849/)

mgarzon 07-23-2011 04:29 PM

new horse novel Blaze of Glory

hi all! I'm new to this forum, and i'm also the author of a horse-related novel that was released last month :D. i was wondering if you could share what your favorite horse novels are, and what you liked about them?

also, if anyone's actually read 'Blaze of Glory', i'd LOVE to get some feedback on it - negative or positive, it doesn't matter as long as it's honest. it's tough to release a horse-related novel at the same time as Georgina Bloomberg!

cakemom 07-23-2011 04:51 PM

Hmmm..I'll have to find it for my teen horse book digestor. Shes honest to a fault.
Posted via Mobile Device

mgarzon 07-23-2011 05:01 PM

haha that's perfect! it's on amazon... if you have a kindle (or use the software) the price will be going down soon, to $5.99. at least, i hope it's soon - the publisher keeps promising to do it. has the 'horse book digestor' read The A Circuit? it's new also, and Bloomsbury was super-interested in mine, until the got a manuscript co-written by a wealthy socialite, lol. then again, i can't blame them - i'm a nobody, and her name alone sells books. i read it, it's pretty good if your daughter likes the 'gossip girl' style of story :)

mgarzon 07-23-2011 05:02 PM

sorry maybe it's more helpful if i include some info:
m.garzon | welcome if you'd like to check it out.

cakemom 07-23-2011 05:14 PM

Nah, she's not big on the gossipy stuff. I'll get it for her. Kindle is on the Christmas list. Soon as it gets here she says she'll be on it, as she just finished her 5th Horowitz book in 7 days, she's killing me in books...but when I walk in Books A Million it's like Norm walking into cheers.
Posted via Mobile Device

mgarzon 07-23-2011 05:20 PM

wow! that's wonderful, it will help her enormously in the future, being such a big reader. although i pity your wallet. the kindle's on my christmas list, too. and thanks - i look forward to her comments!

mgarzon 07-23-2011 05:22 PM

btw - did you know that you can download the Kindle software to your PC for free, and read books on there? just a thought - most of the ebooks are a lot cheaper!

Cheyennes mom 07-27-2011 02:12 PM

oh my goodness, I'm reading the preview and it sounds amazing! I'm going to have to get this book ;) I'll see if I can find it around or I'll order it!

mgarzon 07-27-2011 03:37 PM

Cheyenne's mom - Thank You!!! it's probably very uncool to admit but I get shivers up my back when I hear people say stuff like that, and I'm still a bit in awe of the fact that someone would give some of their precious time to consider words that I've penned. I really, really hope you enjoy it (and if it's not your cup of tea, no worries, I won't be offended!).

Cheyennes mom 07-27-2011 04:05 PM

haha well I like most horse stories so I'm sure I'll love it ;)
I'm making a book right now...Just for fun, I mean, I'm a kid, but anyways, I posted what I have so far in the 'horse stories and poems' section of the forum, maybe you can give me some tips :)