The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from S.W. Ontario! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-s-w-ontario-92943/)

Holly17 07-24-2011 06:05 PM

Hello from S.W. Ontario!

I joined this week and am thoroughly enjoying this forum - great information and stories!

I'm just getting back into horses after a 12 year lay-off and I am absolutely thrilled, and can't imagine now how I survived the last decade plus without horses in my life. But I have purchased an amazing, 9 yr. old QH gelding who I love to bits and am looking forward to many years with this awesome horse.

Holly

HorseLovinLady 07-24-2011 10:08 PM

Welcome to the forum!! Please post pics of your boy!

mgarzon 07-25-2011 09:59 AM

Welcome, Holly! I'm in a similar situation; 12 years without horses, but my kids are riding now so I'm starting again too :) No horse yet for me, though. I'm also in Canada, in Quebec but I'd like to move back to Ontario, I was in the Guelph & Toronto area for 7 years. See you in the forums!

Holly17 07-25-2011 10:41 AM

Hello from S.W. Ontario!

HorseLovinLady & MGarzon:

Thanks very much for your welcome - I appreciate it. Unfortunately I can't post any pics of "Ty" as my scanner is broken, but he is a medium bay, 15.1 hh, built like a tank, and very handsome QH gelding!

MGarzon - I live about 2 hrs. west of Guelph so we were practically neighbours at one time! Isn't it great to be back into horses?!

mgarzon 07-25-2011 03:05 PM

It really is great to be back! I'm experiencing them in a whole new way now, since my kids are so into ponies. of course my wallet is not as happy about the experience, lol. i think that soon it will be cheaper to lease a pony (and teach them myself) than to keep paying for all those lessons...

I lived in Kitchener/Waterloo for two years also (even closer to you?). I miss that area.