The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   B-ring snaffle... anyone have one? (

iloverains 07-25-2011 08:40 PM

B-ring snaffle... anyone have one?
how does it sit in the horses mouth?? do the reins attach to the bottom ring and the cheekpeice of the bridle attach to the top ring/??

this is the B-ring i mean -

I can't find any photo's of it in the horses mouth, or attached to a bridle. And im confused!

Tymer 07-25-2011 11:22 PM

You're exactly right. The separate rings are supposed to help the bit remain stable in the horse's mouth. Here's a picture: Here. That's a slightly different one from the one you posted, but they're the same thing. They're also called Boucher bits.
I don't have one but I've always wanted one.

iloverains 07-26-2011 01:11 AM

oh cool! thanks Tymer, (:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome