The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What are your favorite dressage leathers? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/what-your-favorite-dressage-leathers-93334/)

Zimpatico 07-28-2011 08:58 AM

What are your favorite dressage leathers?

So, now that my nifty new Albion is nicely broken in and looking gorgeous, my crappy old Tory leathers are looking a little rough.

I really like the Albion leathers to match the saddle New & Used Saddles - Dutchess Bridle & Saddle: SHOPPING

And the Passier leathers have gotten great reviews Passier Nylon Lined Stirrup Leathers - Stirrup Leathers from SmartPak Equine

I always like the idea of lined leathers to keep them from stretching, but most are calfskin which always seem to me like they're going to get stuck on the saddle flaps and won't slide around nicely when I move my leg. Oh, and I definately want half holes, which is making me lean more towards the Passiers.

What are your favorites? Please help me pick new leathers!

kitten_Val 07-28-2011 10:28 AM

I have MT leathers on both - dressage and jumping saddles. The leather is very nice and soft (and didn't need conditioning). I liked them the most when I was shopping in Dover.

FoxyRoxy1507 07-28-2011 11:58 AM

i would make sure whichever ones you get you get the ones that have the nylon insterted to avoid stretching since having even balance in dressage is so important

DejaVu 07-28-2011 01:07 PM

I would go with the Passier leathers. I trust the name brand, plus all the features they have are good. And the bright side to calfskin, is its nicer on the saddle flap.

Camillion 08-02-2011 04:30 PM

Prestige for me

I have nothing but positive comments for the "nylon core", "non-stretch"
calf leather Prestige stirrup leathers. They come in black or brown and different sizes. They do cost a bit more than some but will last a long time. Also, because they are made of calf leather, they are less likely to leave a mark on your saddle flaps after you've been riding with them awhile. Hope this helps!

Shasta1981 08-02-2011 08:35 PM

I really like my Bates! Had them for about a year now, still happy with them.

Zimpatico 08-03-2011 12:54 PM

Well, I ended up ordering the Passier's. I take anything I can get from SmartPak since I can return them if I don't love them!!

~*~anebel~*~ 08-03-2011 01:22 PM

I have nylon core calfskin leathers. I like that they don't stretch but they are a bit bulky and squeak like no ones business. If I were buying a new pair I would not get calfskin. I hope you like the passiers!
Posted via Mobile Device