The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   What are some good stallions that throw eventers? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/what-some-good-stallions-throw-eventers-93365/)

CowgirlShay 07-28-2011 03:28 PM

What are some good stallions that throw eventers?

1 Attachment(s)
I have been looking around for one but can't really decide :oops:

I also can't decide on two that I found :

1. Tamarack Hill Farm
2.Hunter, Jumper, Dressage - Hanoverian and Oldenburg Stallion | Stepping Stones Sporthorses

I would just like to know if anyone would suggest/know any good stallions that would produce good performing horses (like excellent jump technique, gaits, preferably tall ect.) that would compliment/get rid off, some of my mare's traits. :D thank youuu

So, who you you breed to...this? lol **ik not the best pic** xP

equiniphile 07-28-2011 04:03 PM

I'm partial to Sir Wanabi. He throws both hunters and eventers:

Elite Hanoverian Stallion at stud, Canada

FoxyRoxy1507 07-28-2011 04:12 PM

A Fine Romance, Noble Houston and Salute the Truth are three right off the top of my head

TamarackLane 07-30-2011 11:14 AM

thanks Foxy Roxy!

A Fine Romance evented himself briefly before I changed his career path to that of an A Circuit Working Hunter.
His rider when he was eventing was the coach of the Canadian Olympic Team and felt that AFR was a legitimate Olympic/International prospect -
"one of the best" were his words.

He has gone on to be a PROVEN sire of outstanding event horses out of a wide range of mares.
Two of his offspring have competed at Advanced (so far) and many have competed to Intermediate and Prelim.

They unquestionably have inherited his fabulous jump, great canter/gallop, his work ethic and his speed, courage and willingness.

A number of his offspring also compete in the hunters, jumpers (one, a full TB is a WINNING GRAND PRIX JUMPER!) great field hunters and even dressage horses!

If you follow eventing, one of his outstanding foals is the full TB A First Romance ridden by Cdn Olympian Selena O'Hanlon, who is competing very successefully at the ** level now and is on his way UP.
Selena says he is "the best jumper, most athletic horse I have ever sat on".

Even though he is siring offspring with the ability to go to the top with pro riders, MANY of his foals are also ridden happily and successfully by amateurs and children, demonstrating that he passes on his willing, intelligent temperament.

website needs updating www.afineromance.ca and on FB A Fine Romance

if I can figure out how to post pictures.....:)

good luck!

Spyder 07-30-2011 12:54 PM

A few years ago I would have said mine but he is retired so presently probably A fine Romance is the most consistent.

TamarackLane 07-30-2011 07:53 PM

thank you Spyder! Yes, A Fine Romance certainly is very consistent.

Who is your boy?

CowgirlShay 08-02-2011 11:18 PM

Oh yay! Sorry for such a late response! xP Thank you everyone for zee suggestions! Yes I think I shall look more into this pretty A Fine Romance!

TamarackLane 08-04-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowgirlShay (Post 1122333)
Oh yay! Sorry for such a late response! xP Thank you everyone for zee suggestions! Yes I think I shall look more into this pretty A Fine Romance!

Thank you CGS! I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, or help you in any way I can to find a suitable stallion for your mare.
Although as you say, it is not the best picture of her, I see a lot to like.
I'd like to know more about her though, her breeding etc.... that would also help to find you the right stallion for her.

Best of luck in your search.

Don't forget - LOTS more pics of AFR and his offspring on FB (my website needs updating badly!!)

CowgirlShay 08-05-2011 12:12 AM

Oh yes! I seem to have left that out!!! Would you like more pictures? Better ones ? she's a dutchwarmblood, (has a brand and all, sadly no papers that i know of) :( and has been bred twice, pregnant now, but is due in a month, so i was hoping to breed her again as a self Christmas gift lol. Thank you for your interest! and i shall look at the offspring :D

wild horses 08-05-2011 07:06 AM

hmm i only know southern hemisphere stallions, a thourougbred Hulatown have some really good event progency, an australian stallion Carbine, has offspring owned by william foxpitt. there are some really good purpose bred eventing stallion in england that produce fantastic eventing progency