The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Anyone else ever have a tick bite? I need help! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/anyone-else-ever-have-tick-bite-93418/)

Mickey4793 07-28-2011 10:59 PM

Anyone else ever have a tick bite? I need help!

I'm going to the doctors first thing tomorrow morning but right now I'm freaking out epically bad.

I have a small red bump, probably the size of an eraser on a pencil right outside my areola, sorry if this is a little tmi but I figure the more info the merrier. I noticed it a few days ago It does not hurt, or itch, but the area surrounding it have become red. And a long red squiggly branches off of it and trails under my breast a little, it's shaped like a parabola sort of. I know people get bullseyes with deer tick bites, maybe this ones mishapen due to placement? It makes sense that I'd get a tick bite this time of year in that area as I wear tank tops every time I go to the barn and ticks are common there.

My friend who's like, a super genius, said she thinks I have lyme disease too a few days ago. I've been constantly nauseaus, tired, dizzy, weak. Either that or I'm heavily PMSing.

Basically I'm freaking out and HOPING it's a tick bite cause I know even want to know what else would cause a bump with that kind of pattern around it. Someone who's experienced a tick bite in the past tell me their opinions/ experiences? I'm so worried.. ):

crimson88 07-28-2011 11:03 PM

Hmmm I've had ticks but never had any sort of reaction. Hopefully the dr. will give you some insight and I hope everything's alright.

Mickey4793 07-28-2011 11:06 PM

Oi I am so worried... I have around 9 hours till morning ):

crimson88 07-28-2011 11:16 PM

I'm sorry. You probably shouldn't stress over it too much, who knows it could be nothing serious. But stressing over it always makes it worse.

Mickey4793 07-28-2011 11:17 PM

I know it just freaks me out something that looks like I wavelength graph going across my breast.

crimson88 07-28-2011 11:23 PM

Could it be some weird stretch marks?

Mickey4793 07-28-2011 11:27 PM

No it's definitely some fort of rash it's too perfect and red to be stretch marks.

Appyt 07-28-2011 11:52 PM

I have had plenty of tick bites but never what looked like that to go with it. Never one in that spot either. Normally you will know if it's a tick cuz they stay a while unless dislodged.. Some will itch like the devil and make bumps, others no lingering issue. XXX all is well..

Mickey4793 07-28-2011 11:56 PM

I read somewhere that its possible to unknowingly dislodge a tick by scratching. Idk. ): I'm headed to a doctor tomorrow. Almost hope its a tick cause nothing that causes a rash like this could be good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Appyt 07-29-2011 12:03 AM

Yes you can dislodge by scratching. Usually I know it was a tick tho.. Had many years of experience with the nasty beggers.