The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Help! - Showing jacket etc for clear round jumping? (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/help-showing-jacket-etc-clear-round-93445/)

alltimelowx 07-29-2011 10:23 AM

Help! - Showing jacket etc for clear round jumping?

Hi everyone, I'm going to a wee local show on sunday just to see how my horse copes with the whole show atmosphere. If everything goes well I'm going to enter the clear round jumping, what I would like to know if you need to wear a show jacket etc or if you can just wear a shirt and tie..? Any help would be much appreciated!
Posted via Mobile Device

Oxer 07-29-2011 10:08 PM

jumpers is normally a polo (or show shirt), breeches, and tall boots. (and helmet, of course.)

i never wear a show coat unless i'm riding at an A show.

faye 07-29-2011 10:16 PM

alltimelow, In the UK it realy does depend on the show and often on the judge/secretary on the day. Best bet is to phone the organiser and take jacket with you anyway just in case they change thier mind.

I personaly would always wear a jacket. You deffinatly WONT be allowed to jump if you dont have long sleeves on.

gypsygirl 07-30-2011 08:28 PM

you have to have long sleeves to jump ?! whys that ?

Allison Finch 07-30-2011 08:56 PM

It does depend on the show. There are many differences between show attire requirements between the UK and the US. The only shows I rode overseas had pretty strict requirements, so I know nothing of the UK local shows. As suggested, I would call the show organizer and ask.

If you have a coat, you really can't go far wrong there. Ties work there as well, I believe.

Let us know and don't forget to post photos of you at the show!!!

ilovemyPhillip 07-30-2011 09:36 PM

Bring a show shirt and jacket just in case.

faye 07-31-2011 04:58 AM

gypsygirl, ever had gravel rash on your arms? you can get the same from grass and sand if you fall and hit it hard enough.

Long sleeves help prevent that. Insurance at many places dictates that you cant jump without long sleeves. BSJA you cant jump without a jacket except with special dispensation. BRC (british riding clubs) also insist on long sleeves at all times and a jacket most of the time.