The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   How much could she be worth? Texas breed/born (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/how-much-could-she-worth-texas-93448/)

LegendRanch 07-29-2011 10:59 AM

How much could she be worth? Texas breed/born

How much would you say this horse is worth?
  • Paint
  • Mare
  • Bay/white
  • 7-8 years old
  • Not registered
  • Bathes, loades perfect, long lines with not a single problem, backs up as you back up, never bit, kicked me once and thats cause I hit her on the butt with a whip while behind her, she can run barrels without there even being barrels out there, had ropes thrown off her, drug 55 gallon metal drums across a pasture, she is curently learning how to track and cut horses out of a heard and run them along the fence into the barn, you can pop a whip off of her and she not even care, I can stand up on her, she can jump fallin trees without hesitation, she goes through water past her belly with no problem but she don't really like shallow puddles????, she trail rides like a pro, had tarps and ponchos on her face while running through a pasture and trusted me to guide her, she is an amazing horse to me, bucked with me one time and I was on her bareback for the first time in the middle of a bad storm running her through the pasture to close a gate but once I came off she stood right there and lowered her head to help me up. I have taught people to ride on her and leased her out for trail rides with close freinds. I don't want to sell her but I am starting a breeding/training ranch and need money. I was asking 5,500 but everybody interested in her screwed me over, her price is now down to 3,500 and still no takers. Guys this mare is everything Im saying she is and she needs a good home. Please help me out.

Dresden 07-29-2011 01:34 PM

I got an unregistered gelding who's done barrels, been roped off, done low level dressage and does 2 ft jumps who has not bucked or kicked ever (in his known history). He rides with a bit and bitless, etc etc for a lot cheaper.he's also only 2 yrs older... I don't know squat but from my experience for an unregistered horse... her price may be too high?
Posted via Mobile Device

bubba13 07-29-2011 01:36 PM

Would depend on whether she actually wins in the events she does. Based on your description alone, I'd peg her at $800-1500.

sarahver 07-29-2011 01:36 PM

Pictures would help.

However what you have described is a well broke grade horse and would be worth in the range of $1,000-$2,000 around here.

gigem88 07-29-2011 01:52 PM

Sounds like a great horse, but you can find a registered horse that is the equivalent to this grade horse for under $3500. If you really want to find her a home, I'd come down on the price.

LegendRanch 07-30-2011 07:43 PM

Yeah well If anybody wants to buy her then make an offer. I am not going below 2,500 for this mare for she is worth alot in my eyes.

LegendRanch 07-30-2011 07:43 PM

Oh and she is the only horse in my horse pictures soooo.

bubba13 07-31-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegendRanch (Post 1117899)
Yeah well If anybody wants to buy her then make an offer. I am not going below 2,500 for this mare for she is worth alot in my eyes.

Ooooh-kay then. My ponies are worth a million bucks to me, too.

Enjoy your mare...

Macslady 07-31-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Then she will be happy with you for the rest of her life. Honestly if you are listing her for sale stating that she has kicked you and that she bucked you off I don't think she would be worth more than $250 around here. I don't care if she could sort a lion out of a pride.

sarahver 07-31-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Yep, I understand this. I value my girl greatly but the reality of the horse market means that I probably couldn't pay someone to take her off my hands.

You asked for opinions on what your horse is worth and you received them. Considering many of the responses are from the same state as you the difference in price between what you want, and what others think she is worth is not due to location.

Agreed with the above regarding the kicking/bucking. Good luck selling her or just enjoy her yourself.