How do i you groom for a show? pleasee pleaseee help mee!
My first shows this weekend and i need help .. BIG TIME !
i dont know what to use or to do for grooming !
any advice or tips?!
i would really appreciate your heelp:)
What type of show are you competing in?
I usually do the following for my horse when grooming for a show (in no particular order):
- clean hooves and apply hoof black
- wash whole horse if necessary, otherwise just mane and tail
- clean inside nostrils, around mouth and eyes
- groom heaps to bring out the shine
- plait mane day before and put on skinny hood overnight
- trim feathers, whiskers (not too short though, for his sake), ears, under chin, coronets etc
- clean tack really well
- you may also want to apply quarter marks
That's all I can think of at the moment, Hope I helped
thank youu soo much and im just entering walk trot and showmanship that sortab thing
sempre_cantando, those are some great tips! :D
If you are going to wash your horse's mane and tail don't do it right before the show. Wait a couple days, otherwise it'll be too slippery to braid. Let the oils come back a bit. Hope that helps. And good luck on the show!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.