The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Midnight Suspicion? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/midnight-suspicion-93555/)

Ladybug2001 07-30-2011 04:21 PM

Midnight Suspicion?

528 Attachment(s)
Not sure if this is the right place, but I recently found out my mare has a 50/50 chance of being pregnant, only other option is false but vet is leaning more toward pregnant seem how the ingredients she is running around with leans to pregnancy.

So the stallion that was with her was Pee Ridge Loudcloud, his sire is Midnight Suspicion and his dam is Miss Bojangles. I looked both up on Allbreedpedigree.com.

So I know Miss Bojangles is a thoroughbred, and Midnight Suspision is a paint. Though I hear that Midnight Suspision's lineage is pretty good? I can't find anything on the internet about him or his ancestry.

Allison Finch 07-30-2011 05:23 PM

I'm confused. How did this happen without your knowledge?

Ladybug2001 07-30-2011 07:43 PM

528 Attachment(s)
It technically didn't. I bought her back in April, with the chance of her being pregnant. But what I didn't know was the woman thought she was around 5 months at the time I bought her. When my vet checked in April she was "open" but her cervix was tight. Then yesterday she was checked again, cervi was still tight and her uterus had dropped below the pelvic rim, so my vet put her at 4-5 months along OR false pregnancy. Though the fact she was with a stallion puts the vet leaning toward pregnancy.

I get the fact, that normally you can't see an embroy until 16 days of conception, but my vet said with how malnourished she was to go as far as 30 days that you can not see the foal. So at the time we checked in April she could have been anywhere from 6-30 days pregnant, we had her checked not even a week after she arrived.

So yes, I knew about it, I bought her for a "two in one" deal. Which almost turned out to be a "one in one" deal, but now is holding true.