The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   I would like an answer asap:) TW question (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/i-would-like-answer-asap-tw-93709/)

ilovemyquarter 08-01-2011 01:53 AM

I would like an answer asap:) TW question

What are some events/competitions that tennesee walkers excell in? I would like an answer asap so i can get my research done. Please, if your reading this, any answers at all will please me!!!:-)

bubba13 08-01-2011 01:59 AM

....have you tried googling the TWHBEA?

RD11 08-02-2011 05:11 PM

With good training Tennesee Walkers are one of those horse breeds that can do just about anything. Iv'e seen and heard of them in barrel racing, pole bending, jumping, trail competitions, endurance etc...They seem to be quite good at the western sports. You could also try some breed shows and gaited events. Good luck:)

Courtney 08-02-2011 05:13 PM

Let me google that for you

Sunny 08-02-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney (Post 1121897)

:rofl: Bwahahahaha! Love it!
Posted via Mobile Device

GiftWrapped 08-07-2011 10:28 AM

They seem to do well in saddleseat classes... I'm sorry, I'm an Arabian/HA owner so I don't know what the class is called in Walker shows, but for us, it's English Pleasure and Park. The only issue seems to be that the Walker people try to force the knee action by the most bizarre shoeing practices I've ever seen...it doesn't look safe or healthy. Some of the really terrible ones even blister the horses legs. Awful, awful, awful. :cry:
Whatever you do, choose your event by what suits the particular horse. I have seen TWH's that have AMAZING movement with flat shoes and no abuse, but I have seen others with such a restricted shoulder, it makes you wonder how any of them move like their counterparts in the show ring. Just crazy, I tell ya....