The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   High School Rodeo Help (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/high-school-rodeo-help-94086/)

DustyDiamond 08-04-2011 02:56 PM

High School Rodeo Help

Can someone tell me exactly what high school rodeo is and what you do?

I always see people talking about it on here and I'm just curious to know what you do and types of events you do.

Thanks ahead of time for anyone that can help :-)

beau159 08-04-2011 09:56 PM

I see that your signature says you are from California. So here is the California High School Rodeo Association website.

CHSRA | California High School Rodeo Association

As the organization name implies, it is a rodeo association for High School student only. They have all the rodeo events, plus cutting and rodeo queen. You can check out the website for more info on being a member. And actually, the rodeo season coincides with the academic school year. So the new rodeo season will be starting this fall!

Also, here is the National website. So there are National finals that you can qualify for, if you place 4th or better at your State finals for your state high school rodeo.

NHSRA

There is also a Jr. High Division now, (I don't know how old you are) so if you aren't in High School yet, the Jr. High is a nice introduction!!

AmazinCaucasian 08-04-2011 11:11 PM

Basically NHSHRA has PRCA rules and then they add some of their own. Lots of rules, but it's a good organization for scholarships.

DustyDiamond 08-04-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beau159 (Post 1125155)
I see that your signature says you are from California. So here is the California High School Rodeo Association website.

CHSRA | California High School Rodeo Association

As the organization name implies, it is a rodeo association for High School student only. They have all the rodeo events, plus cutting and rodeo queen. You can check out the website for more info on being a member. And actually, the rodeo season coincides with the academic school year. So the new rodeo season will be starting this fall!

Also, here is the National website. So there are National finals that you can qualify for, if you place 4th or better at your State finals for your state high school rodeo.

NHSRA

There is also a Jr. High Division now, (I don't know how old you are) so if you aren't in High School yet, the Jr. High is a nice introduction!!

Thank you so much. You made that easy to understand :-)
I'm a sophomore in high school so I would be in the high school rodeo.

Thank you for adding the California website. You're really helpful :D