The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Low on confidence (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/low-confidence-94234/)

Soberanaforever 08-06-2011 07:20 AM

Low on confidence

Hey everyone,
Ever since my last fall last year, I haven't had much confidence at all. Right when I was confidentmwith my horse, she tried to throw me a couple of times in a day. I feel really scared. I won't sell her because I would like to solve this problem instead of getting rid of it. Please help!

mbender 08-06-2011 07:28 AM

I have a question for you. Ok a couple of questions. First, how old are you? Second, what is your level of experience?
Posted via Mobile Device

Soberanaforever 08-06-2011 08:55 AM

I'm 14 and I have been riding for 9 years... I have had many falls but ,y last one affected me the most.

mbender 08-06-2011 09:03 AM

Do you work with a trainer? English/Western?
Posted via Mobile Device

Soberanaforever 08-06-2011 08:23 PM

yes i work with a trainer that trains both me and my horse. i ride a gaited horse, but in a western saddle.

mbender 08-06-2011 08:36 PM

The other question is : does all the equipment fit the horse properly? Make sure nothing is hurting the horse. Teeth checked?
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 08-06-2011 10:28 PM

Soberana,

this is just one of many times where you will need another person to help you past this road bump. Is the trainer working with you on rebuilding your conficence,? Is he/she supportive of the emotional need you might have right now, or is she just "cowboy up and get on with it!"?

Soberanaforever 08-07-2011 08:19 AM

Yes all equipment was measured and tested before bought, and teeth got checked 2 months ago.

Soberanaforever 08-07-2011 08:21 AM

Tiny,
No hes an amazing trainer and is always asking me if I feel comfortable before doing something and stuff like that. It's more that the horse now respects him when he's riding her and when I'm riding her in her mind she's thinking I should be respecting her.

mbender 08-07-2011 08:49 AM

Ok, are you only with your horse when the trainer is out there? Have you watched your trainer with your horse? What is he doing different that makes you think your horse respects him and not you.

I know I keep asking questions but I just want to get the whole picture so I can try and help you better. I have been in your position and I may be able to help you over this. I hope you aren't mad for the questions.
Posted via Mobile Device