The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Bloodline Help (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/bloodline-help-94508/)

csimkunas6 08-08-2011 10:02 PM

Bloodline Help

I know bloodline searches, and what not are probably just a big pain in the butt, but I am very curious about Rodeo's bloodlines. I dont know anything about Paint, or QH bloodlines, always spent my time studying TB bloodlines, so.

Anyways, can anyone tell me anything about the lines he has? Obviously his father is a TB(lol), and thats all thats on his sire's side, but on his dam's side he has some paint, and some qh breeding....any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just curious what you guys can tell me about his Paint and QH lines.

Here is the link to his pedigree

Rodeo Time Paint

Thanks!!!

Horserider33 08-09-2011 01:03 AM

i recognize Doc Bar (VERY good) and Tuff. i know someone who has a horse with Tuff lines and he is very quiet. Doc lines are very good too. they are usually performance type horses like western pleasure, reining, cutting, etc. they are athletic and have good minds on them too. i have two horses with Doc lines on one side or another and they are both great minded horses. all the other names i see im not familiar with. im best with QH and Paint horses. still learning though :)

candandy49 08-09-2011 08:13 AM

Your horse's pedigree has some very good bloodlines top and bottom. On the topside Damascus along with being related to Secretariat by way of somethingroyal who was Secretariat's dam. On his dam's side(bottomside) he has some fabulous horses. Wimpy, Poco Bueno, Leo, Doc Bar are all of top notch QH bloodlines.

Annnie31 08-09-2011 08:47 AM

You have Leo (sorrel)- running blood, Poco Bueno(bay)- who was a horse that proved halter and performance can both be done as he was haltered to the age of 4 than shown in cutting (he was AQHA Champion), Doc Bar was another horse that was bred to race, was a great halter horse and then sired the best cutting horses in the world. Then your horse traces back to Nick Shoemaker (palomino) who sired Hall Of Famers, World Champions and was the sire of SKipper W. Not too shabby-some nice foundation blood.

csimkunas6 08-09-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candandy49 (Post 1130507)
Your horse's pedigree has some very good bloodlines top and bottom. On the topside Damascus along with being related to Secretariat by way of somethingroyal who was Secretariat's dam. On his dam's side(bottomside) he has some fabulous horses. Wimpy, Poco Bueno, Leo, Doc Bar are all of top notch QH bloodlines.

I have gone through his TB background....I saw that he has both Bold Ruler, and somethingroyal, and I was very pleased with that!!

Thanks everyone for telling me about his QH, and Paint horse background! Like I said, really didnt know too much about it! Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it!!!