The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Why are YOU breeding? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/why-you-breeding-94683/)

HannahFaith 08-10-2011 07:20 PM

Why are YOU breeding?
 
I'm sure this has already been addressed but i want to know WHY you keep breeding pointless horses?

Now please, don't get me wrong. If your mare or stud has amazing lines, temperament, skills, confirmation, yadda yadda , please go ahead breed your horses and give the world back a nice quality breed of horse. no more saddlebred thoroughbred crosses or miniature ponies with with donkies. please, give us something useful! (btw nothing against those breeds and i dont even know of any miniature / donkey crosses hahahaha)

But seriously, if you want the pleasure of having a young project, go to horsetrader.com go to horseclicks.com go to dreamhorse.com and look for young horses, i've found a free 2 year old TB not broke yet and just halter broke. you want a project? go find one. dont go breeding pointless horses for one.

If you want to work with babies cause theyre just so **** cute? Go work at a breeding farm.

If you want a horse that YOU trained that YOU worked with and that YOU "created" go work at a farm like i am. plenty of yearlings and young horses to be broke. Yea you didnt "create it" but you will be making it who its going to become.

If you want to breed your horse to get a "mini my horse" thats bullpoop. Odds are it will be nothing like your horse. it wont look like her/him and it wont act like her/him. horses are like humans. sure they'll get some traits of its parents, but it wont BE its parents....


I know i'm going to be jumped on for this post but you know what? im ranting. so RWA! come and get me guys. hahah this is my personal opinion and every one is allowed to have their own opinion and feelings on any subject. these are my feelings and my thoughts.

just remember if youre going to breed i hope you know what your doing so your mare, foal, stud doesnt suffer the consequences of your stupidity.
thanks. that is all. :D

mbender 08-10-2011 07:25 PM

You know this thread will be closed shortly. Train wreck written all over it.
Posted via Mobile Device

HannahFaith 08-10-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbender (Post 1132568)
You know this thread will be closed shortly. Train wreck written all over it.
Posted via Mobile Device

they can go ahead and close it. im just curious as to why people breed when theres horses out there needing homes.

FreeDestiny 08-10-2011 07:34 PM

Maybe this thread could have been a discussion or sharing of opinions should you not have written it so harshly. Just think, you're really drilling YOUR opinion into others heads with this. Which is just as bad as the people who defend senseless breeding. This post wasn't necessary.
Posted via Mobile Device

HannahFaith 08-10-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeDestiny (Post 1132581)
Maybe this thread could have been a discussion or sharing of opinions should you not have written it so harshly. Just think, you're really drilling YOUR opinion into others heads with this. Which is just as bad as the people who defend senseless breeding. This post wasn't necessary.
Posted via Mobile Device


then you if it wasn't necessary neither was your post on it just now.

your right, i am boldy stating my opinion and sure, i am pushing it.

and i didn't mean it to be harsh i'm just being blunt and honest and typing my thoughts without sugar coating them. if that means its offended somepeople i am sorry. Like i said every one is entitled to their opinions and their thoughts. those were mine.

FeatheredFeet 08-10-2011 08:06 PM

HannahFaith. I really do understand your reasons for posting as you did. There is obviously a whole lot more indisciminate and irresponsible breeding, than the horse world needs in this climate. However, you also need to know a few things about horses.

It is confOrmation and not confirmation. Look it up on google to understand the difference.

Secondly, Miniature Horses are not ponies. They are small horses.

Lizzie

HannahFaith 08-10-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeatheredFeet (Post 1132614)
HannahFaith. I really do understand your reasons for posting as you did. There is obviously a whole lot more indisciminate and irresponsible breeding, than the horse world needs in this climate. However, you also need to know a few things about horses.

It is confOrmation and not confirmation. Look it up on google to understand the difference.

Secondly, Miniature Horses are not ponies. They are small horses.

Lizzie


oh man, i missed it by one key. dang i bet you never make mistakes like that.

Oh no really? i had noooo clue. i guess i shouldn't have called my 15.3 tb a pony either. he is after all a horse. *sigh*

Faceman 08-10-2011 08:17 PM

Seeing as you have appointed yourself judge, jury, and executioner, what are your qualifications to determine what is suitable to breed and what is not? Your profile states 15 years riding experience - which means nothing as far as breeding is concerned. You evidently worked at a TB barn for 5 years - again nothing to do with breeding, unless of course you helped with LC and births, which doesn't have anything to do with the science of breeding. Are you a breeder? Former breeder? A degree in A & P? I figure you must have some credentials to make such strong blanket statements...just curious what they are...

SMCLeenie 08-10-2011 08:30 PM

HannahFaith, I think that FeatheredFeet was trying to help you by pointing those things out, I don't think she was trying to be rude and she certainly didn't warrant such a snippy response.
As to your original post, you are just begging for a fight. If you want to start a thread to discuss peoples reasons for breeding starting it out how you did is not the way to go about it.

HannahFaith 08-10-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1132625)
Seeing as you have appointed yourself judge, jury, and executioner, what are your qualifications to determine what is suitable to breed and what is not? Your profile states 15 years riding experience - which means nothing as far as breeding is concerned. You evidently worked at a TB barn for 5 years - again nothing to do with breeding, unless of course you helped with LC and births, which doesn't have anything to do with the science of breeding. Are you a breeder? Former breeder? A degree in A & P? I figure you must have some credentials to make such strong blanket statements...just curious what they are...


you are completely right, i have no qualifications to breed, and no knowledge of it. which is why, i do not do it.

in which statements do i need a degree for? honestly asking because i do not know.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0