The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   ***I got that Appy mare I showed you guys!!**** (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/%2A%2A%2Ai-got-appy-mare-i-showed-94704/)

Thyme 08-10-2011 11:49 PM

***I got that Appy mare I showed you guys!!****

7 Attachment(s)
I went up there and rode her on a four hour ride, she is so awesome! She is like riding a bulldozer, doesnt care about other horses, and isnt spooky.
Her reg name is Raz Bar Jaykime you can see her pedigree on allbreedpedigree.com

She is 11yrs old, said to be 16.2hh but I am not sure, I am between 5'2" and 5'3" for reference. (definitly big enough for my tastes either way)
I am thinking about renaming her Fable (we already have a Raz in our family)
What do you think of that name?
Just some pics of me on her in our front yard, nothing fancy, we had a good trail ride already today, and she needs her feet done, hopefully tomorrow or friday.
I love my new mountain horse! She is super sweet.
Also what color do you think she would look good in? (need to get her boots)
and is she a Red Roan or red marble? She also has the blanketed hind. . .I dont know
:)

anndankev 08-10-2011 11:56 PM

Lucky you, I'm so hAppy for you.

Thyme 08-10-2011 11:57 PM

Thanks she is my first Appy and I am already a fan now :D

Oxer 08-11-2011 12:20 AM

okay are you ready for my terrible question???
i mean, this is a forum right? we're here to learn about horses...
so...
is an Appaloosa a breed? or a color? are they American bred?
The only real exposure i have to "spotted" horses are Knabstruppers... although i believe those are Danish bred warmbloods.
She is quite lovely by the way, and i love the name Fable. It completely suits her!!

Thyme 08-11-2011 12:22 AM

I think Appaloosas are like Paints?
Because Fable is half (a little more) Quarter Horse than Appy blood, but is registered with the ApHC, kind of like my paint Rem is half QH but registered with the APHA, so I guess is based on if they show the color or not. . .
not sure though. . .
They are consider one of THE american breeds and they are from the North West, which is pretty cool I think (atleast that is what I was told)

tinyliny 08-11-2011 12:37 AM

I think they are considered a breed. Originally created by the Nez Perce Indians, in Idaho/Oregon area. But, the original ponies have been interbred with QH and Thorougbred and may not really resemble the original Appalousa so much anymore.

The tend to make really hardy all around horses.

Oxer 08-11-2011 12:39 AM

That's awesome!

Thyme 08-11-2011 12:45 AM

We're going to the mountain saturday!

tbstorm 08-11-2011 02:09 AM

oh she is lovely! love the color, and her new name is so sweet. Congrats

Ebzeenah 08-11-2011 02:52 AM

She is beautiful. I love appys. I've been very tempted to look for an Arab/Appy cross. Good luck with her.