The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   who thinks this is a bad way to fall? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/who-thinks-bad-way-fall-9493/)

librahorse94 05-29-2008 07:41 PM

who thinks this is a bad way to fall?

Ok so i am in 4-h and i was going for experienced. And i wasn't riding my horse. Anyway i had to sign a peice of paper and i had no where so sign it so i placed the paper by his neck and the a lady was holding the reins for me and then he started to jolt away and then rear buck rear buck and then started to gallop towards the arena fence and i thought he was going to jump it so i jumped off.

Now i have cuts all over my left side and it feels as if my pelvic bone is fractured.. what a lovely day :lol: . and my Back is sore.

My2Geldings 05-29-2008 07:46 PM

Can't be that bad if you are on here to tell the story. Sounds like it was an unfortunate circumstance. I just had surgery 6 days ago to fix a shattered pelvis so I can tell you all about feeling you have a break there.

PoptartShop 05-29-2008 08:02 PM

Ouch, that's gotta hurt! :(

librahorse94 05-29-2008 09:03 PM

yeah i was lucky i didnt break anything. ha i am just glad i am able to walk (sorta) :D

NorthernMama 05-29-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Geldings
Can't be that bad if you are on here to tell the story. Sounds like it was an unfortunate circumstance. I just had surgery 6 days ago to fix a shattered pelvis so I can tell you all about feeling you have a break there.

OMG :shock: :( I hope you have a good prognosis. Do you think you will be able to ride again?

My2Geldings 05-29-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernmama
Quote:

OMG :shock: :( I hope you have a good prognosis. Do you think you will be able to ride again?

Absolutely! I'll post a copy of the x-rays when I get them in 2 weeks :lol:

NorthernMama 05-29-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernmama
Quote:

Can't I just had surgery 6 days ago to fix a shattered pelvis so I can tell you all about feeling you have a break there.

Absolutely! I'll post a copy of the x-rays when I get them in 2 weeks :lol:

Whoa -- these are the stories I hate to hear. Makes me feel vulnerable and old :roll: But, I've never been brave. I don't jump with horses, don't jump on skis, don't jump with the bike -- like not jumping would prevent me from ever getting hurt... ya... not! I'll watch for your post.