The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Give me your thoughts on my "maybe" choice (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/give-me-your-thoughts-my-maybe-94930/)

waresbear 08-13-2011 04:38 PM

Give me your thoughts on my "maybe" choice

I have a show tomorrow. I was looking forward to it, however, it is out of town about 2 hours drive. Means I have to get up at 4 am & drive, then after a day of showing in the heat, I have to drive home. It wasn't an expensive show entry fee wise so if I cancel it's not a biggie. I would rather hang out in the sun today, although I just have to bathe the horse & band & load up a few things in the tackroom. Tomorrow there is a family bbq I would rather attend & hang out with hubby's side of the family. However my daughter is going (she's an adult), & we were going to travel together, both taking our own rigs. I do but I don't wanna go, not like there won't be a million other shows with fall season here. Should I enjoy the sun since we just started getting hot weather a week ago, or bust my butt with my kid & the horses? You have a 1/2 hour to influence me, then I will be finished my lunchbreak. Thanks!

anndankev 08-13-2011 05:47 PM

I vote for:

Bust your butt with your daughter

PS. but just take one rig if you can

SorrelHorse 08-13-2011 10:01 PM

I agree with the above post. :D

My mother often cancels on me, and even though I still go I feel kinda upset whe she does cancel.

waresbear 08-14-2011 01:45 AM

Ok, ok I am going. Horse is bathed, trailer is loaded & I snuck out & bought a very expensive western show bridle, so I gotta try it out. Would be nice to only take one rig however we both have so much stuff & she lives 12 miles away, so makes things easier just to take our own. So bedtime, 4 am comes very early. Thanks for the comments & encouragement to go:D.