The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Colors on a Bay (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/colors-bay-94936/)

eqkidd 08-13-2011 06:44 PM

Colors on a Bay

I ride hunter/jumper/hunt seat/soon to be sidesaddle/eq. and I was wondering what you're favorite colors were on a bay Arab? I wanted to start planning for next year. LOL
I was looking on the Essex Classics Outlet Store online and really like their shirts.
I like RJ Classics.
SOOO what're you're favorite colors to be seen on a bay?

BarrelracingArabian 08-13-2011 06:56 PM

i really like yellow and white on bays just because they pop against the color :]

DejaVu 08-14-2011 04:05 PM

Turquoises, yellows, pinks, oranges... Light blues.

Colorful stuff, really goes against their coat well.

Eliz 08-14-2011 11:20 PM

You are pretty limited when it comes to hunters. All you will be able to see really is the collar of your shirt. The rest have to be traditional colors, which I'm sure you know. In hunters I like a grey coat and yellow shirt :)

Pretty much anything looks good on a bay! ;) I'm not a fan of red on them, unless they are a darker, seal bay or something like that. If your horse is more of a red bay, colors like orange and red could blend and look odd.

I have a seal bay and I LOVE him in yellow/gold :)

ETA: Good breed choice, you're smart!

eqkidd 08-15-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliz (Post 1136758)
You are pretty limited when it comes to hunters. All you will be able to see really is the collar of your shirt. The rest have to be traditional colors, which I'm sure you know. In hunters I like a grey coat and yellow shirt :)

Pretty much anything looks good on a bay! ;) I'm not a fan of red on them, unless they are a darker, seal bay or something like that. If your horse is more of a red bay, colors like orange and red could blend and look odd.

I have a seal bay and I LOVE him in yellow/gold :)

ETA: Good breed choice, you're smart!

Ok thanks! I rode him in a burgandyish redish shirt and it looked nice on him, maybe a little dark, but I don't know. lol
I kinda wanted to find like a blueish grayish coat. I think that would look really nice. lol

DraftyAiresMum 08-15-2011 03:09 AM

Royal blue looks good on bays, too.

I put red on my old gelding, who was a bright reddish-gold bay (look up the cover of Margaret Henry's book "King of the Wind"...my Dakota was exactly that color) and it actually looked good. We had these cute red and black lumberjack plaid polo wraps that we used that were adorable on him (he was only 14.2hh, but thought he was MUCH bigger lol)...I actually got them from my friend so I can use them on Aires since our colors are red, black and white.