The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Can you guess which rider does which? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/can-you-guess-rider-does-94950/)

LovePandaPony 08-13-2011 10:19 PM

Can you guess which rider does which?

This is my friend Hanna and I in a mock horse show with our favorite pony, Prince Pandaponium(Panda).

Guess which rider is the Dressage rider, and which one is the Show Jumper xD Lol!

By the way, I'm new to the site. Just joined today, even though I've gotten so many answers off of it for years before. <33

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v..._3703028_n.jpg

newbhj 08-13-2011 10:55 PM

That pony is super cute!
I have no idea about the riders though :p
Back one dressage, front one show jumping?
Welcome to the forum!

LovePandaPony 08-13-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbhj (Post 1135796)
That pony is super cute!
I have no idea about the riders though :p
Back one dressage, front one show jumping?
Welcome to the forum!

Naw, Thankyou! <3 I entered him into the "Youtube's Cutest Pony/Horse" contest, but he lost to a big horse who jumps 4 feet. Not fair xD

Yeah, Hanna's my best friend, and she's in the back. She's been doing FEI sactioned dressage for a while now, and is my instructor every time I ride with her. xD

I'm a show jumper/eventer, so I have the shorter legs(like I would in a jumping saddle), and the darker jodphurs, and lower hands. She has the longer legs and dressage breeches, and would be holding the reigns higher if it wasn't for her trying not to fall off of Panda's butt xD

Thankyewverymuch! :D I like it here! People are very nice

newbhj 08-13-2011 11:18 PM

The breeches are actually what I guessed on xD
You're lucky, I wish I had a horse loving best friend!

LovePandaPony 08-13-2011 11:22 PM

Haha, I met Hanna at my barn ^^ There are very few people who ride in my area. But we're like, practically sisters now.

Yeeeah, that's what most people guess off of. It works though! xD

blue eyed pony 08-14-2011 03:12 AM

I totally don't pay attention to what you're wearing but I saw the disciplines from the difference in the riding! You are much more of a jumpers type rider and your friend is much more 'dressagey'. I ride with a really long leg too, couldn't ride any shorter in my dressage saddle and I am still looking for a jumping saddle that fits Monty (I have had him since... march or april?) so at the moment if I jump it's in my dressage saddle or a cheap little all purpose. I can go higher in the a/p just because I can ride with shorter stirrups. The bigger your jump, the shorter your stirrups need to be, but I'm sure you already know that ;)

LovePandaPony 08-14-2011 01:05 PM

Haha, yeah. ^^ I love my short stirrups, even for just flat work. A few of my dressage friends will force me to ride in their saddles, and dispite the strong dipped seat, I am ALL over the place. xD I just don't feel comfortable with super long stirrups, so even bareback I have the shorter leg. xP

Right now I'm jumping my Show Jumper In Training in full Dressage tack. Mainly because that's what she came with that fits her and she doesn't respond to a snaffle bit. xD But I can get those stirrups up there, lemme tell you xD.

blue eyed pony 08-17-2011 12:33 AM

I used to be like that too :) but the best thing I ever did was get a dressage saddle that FORCED me to extend my leg. I have a rip-off of the Wintec Isabell and you end up having serious problems with that saddle if you don't ride with a super-long leg.

I ride long jumping too at the moment because my all purpose is too small for me to really crank those stirrups up. I would ride at least 6 holes shorter for jumping than I am, except I can't! I'm a showjumping rider too, but starting to get into eventing because I love cross country... and the dressage saddle was bought for my old horse because it was the only thing I could find that would fit him! It kinda sucks having horses with ridiculously straight backs, nothing fits them.

DustyDiamond 08-17-2011 01:06 AM

Super cute pony!
Love the legs!! :D

LovePandaPony 08-17-2011 11:16 AM

Thank you Dusty diamond! ^^ We went a bit overboard.

Oh wow. I only really extend my leg in western saddles of my friend's Isabell Werth Dressage saddle. I wouldn't dare bring those stirrups up a hole in fear that Hanna would burn me alive. xP