The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Gloves (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/gloves-95284/)

casglove 08-17-2011 05:37 AM

Gloves

What gloves are best?

what does everyone recommend and why?

thanks! :-)

Alwaysbehind 08-17-2011 08:00 AM

Whatever brand of gloves you find the most comfortable for your hands.

And...obviously....whatever style gloves are appropriate for the style of showing you are doing.

jinxremoving 08-18-2011 08:49 AM

I've had SSG gloves which a lot consider to be the best, cheap pairs and their most expensive pairs and they always fell apart after a couple of months... now I'm using a local tack shops no name brand and they were 1/10th of the cost of SSG and have lasted much longer. Go figure...

Where I live, SSG and Ariat are the most common brands for gloves but honestly they all look the same... get a cheap pair and see how they last. I never noticed any difference in gripping or anything with the SSG's vs no name brands.

countercanter 08-18-2011 05:18 PM

Roeckl gloves all the way :) I have the smooth leather pair for showing, which feels like im not even wearing gloves, and I also have the popular velcro ones for at home. Most comfortable gloves ever.

DejaVu 08-23-2011 07:33 PM

I have SSG for schooling, and they've lasted a while. I was buying cheaper brands that lasted about only a month, and my SSG's are still awesome after two years.

My show gloves are Ovation. Look nice, and have lasted long enough. They're of course not used all the time, but still look pretty brand new.

SarahSunshine 08-24-2011 09:36 PM

SSG, I get a couple cheap pairs for schooling, then go spend more for a pair or two of showing gloves. SSG has a lot of fun colors and patterns.

IslandWave 08-24-2011 11:17 PM

Dressage Extensions Product Detail

Roeckl is my top choice. I love my Heritage schooling gloves, but I use the above pair for showing. Perfect for summer show weather, and grippy no matter if you're sweating or if it's pouring down rain. They clean up easily, too and feel great on your hands. Worth every penny!

Sunny 08-24-2011 11:24 PM

I have two pairs of SSGs, one winter and one regular. Both cost under $5 a pair and have lasted just fine.
Posted via Mobile Device