The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

we're BAAAAACK!

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  ChristophersCanter 
#1 ·
hey guys!

It's been quite a while since I've posted consistently! My apartment did not have internet for the majority of the summer but now I will be starting back to school so I will be here more regularly again!

Time has FLOWN and Demi is doing better than ever! We have been to a recognized HT and two CT's since my last post about our first Novice.

We started by going to Midsouth Pony Club HT at the end of June. It was the toughest XC I have ever been on and MAN did that little bay mare eat it for lunch! She was fantastic! We ended on our mediocre dressage score of 38.7 to finish with a purple (seventh place) ribbon! I was so proud of her! Here's a pic of her galloping through the water. BTW, this is at the Kentucky Horse Park!

Then we continued our streak and went to the Antebellum Farm Combined Test at the beginning of July. We got our best dressage score yet! a 31.7! I was so proud of my girl! she is beginning to shine at Novice and her dressage is getting better than ever. Here are a couple shots of her eating up Antebellum :) (we finished 3rd)

We then went to The Summer School Combined Test at Masterson Station Park at the beginning of this month. We got a 34 in dressage and had clear jumping to take home the 2nd place prize! That's the highest we've placed so far in Novice and since she's progressing so well, I expect she'll just keep moving up ;) Unfortunately no pics of that one!

In other news, I have recently started riding another horse. His name is Cash and he's a Paint/Morgan cross. He is a great jumper but has little dressage training. He is for sale if anyone is interested! Here are some pics of my little fuzzy boy :) I will be competing him in the Kentucky Classique at Beginner Novice then moving him up to Novice at Jumpstart HT

that's been my summer! I'm so excited to be back on the HF!

Love,

Eventerdrew, Demi and Cash :)

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks guys!

Strange, I wish I could buy him! He's so awesome! the problem with him and his current owner, who has only had him about three months, is that she is a beginner rider and he is a very strong-mouthed horse. The only bit he can go in is a pelham with a curb chain and she's just not strong enough to hold him back when he needs it! He's out of my price range or else he'd be mine for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.