The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Thinking of ordering this bridle...thoughts? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/thinking-ordering-bridle-thoughts-95374/)

DraftyAiresMum 08-17-2011 09:28 PM

Thinking of ordering this bridle...thoughts?

Okay, so I bid on a REALLY nice warmblood sized English bridle on eBay today and lost (by $.50...really?!). So, I was cruising eBay and came across this bridle: Trimmed in Silver - Padded English Bridle w- Flash- O-S | eBay

I know it's cheap and you get what you pay for, but this just really a transition bridle because I have a sinking feeling Aires' head is going to get bigger. lol Also, it's to get him used to the cavesson and the feel of an English bridle (the bridle we ride in right now is a western bridle).

I also like this: Fancy Padded Dressage Bridle with Clincher Bridles Tack English HorseLoverZ.com

Both of these would have the flash removed, obviously, as we don't need it.

Dressage10135 08-17-2011 09:32 PM

I personally like the looks of the one on ebay better. It has buckles on the cheekpieces instead of those stupid hooks (i hate hooks :lol:) and overall just appears to be nicer.

Keep in mind though that a $40 bridle isn't going to compare to a $100 bridle. But for where you and Aires are I think you should go for it! :D

DraftyAiresMum 08-17-2011 09:40 PM

Oh goodness! I didn't even notice the hooks on the second one! Yeah, that's a definite no on that one, then! lol

I REALLY want this one, but I won't have the money until the middle of next month (three paychecks next month! Woot!) Stubben Irish Weave Warmblood Bridle- GORGEOUS | eBay

Alwaysbehind 08-18-2011 08:35 AM

The Stubben is pretty. You did read that it is missing the cheek pieces, right?

DraftyAiresMum 08-18-2011 11:04 AM

Yeah, I did. It doesn't really matter anyway because I don't have the money for it.

I think next paycheck I'm going to order that first one. I also like this one: HDR Club Fancy Bridle - Horse.com , but it's a bit more expensive (not by too much, though).

Alwaysbehind 08-18-2011 11:09 AM

I have heard good things (as far as quality versus price goes) about the Smartpak brand bridles.

DraftyAiresMum 08-18-2011 09:09 PM

I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

jody111 08-21-2011 04:37 AM

If you want to use it for showing then get the ones with the billets... Billets (or the hooky bits) are much cleaner and preferred for showing...

Personally I dont like buckles - much prefer billets as the face is less cluttered :) but each to their own

My fav out of the ones u posted is the second one in the first post :)

DraftyAiresMum 08-21-2011 09:44 PM

Right now it's just for schooling, so billets versus buckles becomes an ease of use thing, not a looks thing. :-)

Skyseternalangel 08-22-2011 03:39 AM

Just to throw this out there... a thinner noseband means more pressure, just like when dealing with rope halters.. so if it's a schooling bridle and he's green, I'd start out with a thick padded noseband and when he develops more feel and becomes more advanced, then move to an unpadded thinner noseband.

Just a thought.

I love the 2nd bridle most as well, but the first one seems a lot easier to adjust and it'd be nice going by holes in the buckles rather than just hook and loop to adjust when he starts growing out more.