The Horse Forum banner

English Saddle Wanted!

869 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  UnrealJumper 
#1 ·
I've been in the market for a new saddle for a while now since my saddle is an inch too small for me! Seems I grew over the winter..

I'm looking for a 17.5", medium/regular tree english saddle. 1000$-3000$.

If anyone knows any saddles for sale, let me know.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Try Horse Clicks, ebay, Bits & Barter, HorseTrader, and EquineNow. Don't forget Craigslist too, because that's where I got my Stubben.

With your price range you can buy new though, so you might want to go right to the source, depending on what make and model you're looking for.

#3 ·
I agree with the post above me, new might be the way to go. I suggest Bates, Mondega, Pessoa, and I'd stay away from Kincade, Supra, Paris or French saddlery (I can't remember haha) and the saddle packages off e-bay. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

#4 ·
I'm really not a fan of bates, pessoa or mondega. I was thinking of a used saddle of some sort. I tried out an antares and if fit me super well and was the most comfy thing ever! Woulda bought it the moment I sat in it, but it didn't fit my horse well enough to pay 2600 for.

#5 ·
Wow! If I'd have such a price range I'd go for new Black Country (they also customize saddles). If you look for jumping one Quantum is very nice, and for dressage BC Eloquence is awesome.

#6 ·
I've been talking to my rents and we've been thinking about maybe spending the extra bucks and getting a customized saddle. So it would be custom to me with a regular/medium tree to fit most horses. It would last forever if we did that! Plus it'd be nice to always be comfortable jumping.

#9 ·
I used to work for Gallops Saddlery, The web's most exclusive tack store and can vouch for their customer service and the quality of their gear. They work with National and World Class equestrians and carry a wide variety of used gear that is from good to like new condition. Their prices are very fair and they are happy to provide lots of information.

You'll likely have to email then for what they have in stock but it's well worth your time, especially in the price ranges you're looking for. they carry a lot of used gear like Stubben, Barnsby, Hermes, LB, Passier, and other high end saddles.

(edit: Sorry about the link, it named itself that! They also carry Crosby and Collegiate used as well)

#10 ·
Ladybugsgirl, I rode in a collegiate post graduate once and it really was comfy!I've actually thought about buying it! Unfortuntely I don't think it comes in calfskin or buffalo leather (Which is something on my "required" list haha)

Thanks iluvpintos! I'll check that out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.