The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Forum Rules and Announcements (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-forum-rules-announcements/)
-   -   Horse Forum Shout Outs (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-forum-rules-announcements/horse-forum-shout-outs-95475/)

Mike_Admin 08-18-2011 08:45 PM

Horse Forum Shout Outs

Hi everyone,

You can now leave shout outs at the top of the page that other members will see. There is only room for one shout out at a time, so you can only leave a shout out if there isn't one there already. Also, in order to prevent any one member from being the only one who's shout outs appear, after leaving a shout out you have to wait until at least one other member leaves a shout out before leaving another one.

Shout outs are just meant to be something fun, like your favorite horse related quote, what you're up to at the moment, lyrics to your favorite song, or even a friendly message to another member. When you don't see a shout out at the top of the page, you can visit the Carrot Kitchen to leave a shout out. Of course, you'll need to have some carrots on hand. :wink:

Anyone who uses a shout out to advertise or promote anything, uses profanity in a shout out, or says anything that antagonizes another member in a shout out will be banned. In other words, shout outs are meant for positive, good natured, fun messages, and nothing else. We'll be keeping an eye on the shout outs members leave for anything inappropriate, but we ask that you help us by starting a thread about any inappropriate shout outs you may see in the Talk to the Team Forum.

Members need to have several hundred posts before being able to leave a shout out. If you find you don't have enough posts to leave a shout out, please do not go around making trivial posts just to up your post count or you will be banned.

Enjoy,
Mike

NdAppy 08-18-2011 10:14 PM

Love it Mike!

tinyliny 08-19-2011 01:19 AM

yeah, and I turned on the carrot game just so I could get enough carrots to play but I swear, the Carrot Bandit knows I am a sucker. He's takin' mine like candy from a baby! I am too busy to go looking for carrots!

bubba13 08-19-2011 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well this is embarrassing...

Good news is I got rid of my one pesky carrot!

Day Mares 08-19-2011 05:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cool. I was wondering what I could do with my carrots. Now I know I can do a shoutout, thanks for that. I swear that the Carrot Bandit has it in for me big time - it seems I lose a carrot every time I log in to the Horse Forum. Here's a pic of my other carrot bandit, Piper snatching carrots off a tree.

Alwaysbehind 08-19-2011 07:36 AM

I think it is a great idea...I just am being my clueless self and I can not figure out how you leave a shout out.

Spyder 08-19-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Day Mares (Post 1142370)
Cool. I was wondering what I could do with my carrots. Now I know I can do a shoutout, thanks for that. I swear that the Carrot Bandit has it in for me big time - it seems I lose a carrot every time I log in to the Horse Forum. Here's a pic of my other carrot bandit, Piper snatching carrots off a tree.

You just need to know how to protect them better.

NO ONE steals mine...NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

mbender 08-19-2011 09:03 AM

I have NO carrots. Never knew how to get any. I will have to get on the computer and figure it out.
Posted via Mobile Device

ShutUpJoe 08-19-2011 09:25 AM

Did you figure it out AB? Go to Carrot Kitchen and scroll down. You'll see a box for it on there.

Alwaysbehind 08-19-2011 09:32 AM

Thanks.....

I never imagined shout outs had anything to do with carrots.