The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Anything I should know before SELLING a horse? (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/anything-i-should-know-before-selling-95484/)

momo3boys 08-18-2011 09:39 PM

Anything I should know before SELLING a horse?

I have a prospective buyer for Jacoby :( Is there anything I need to know or have? He is my first and only horse and I didn't buy him so I have no clue..

rlcarnes 08-18-2011 10:15 PM

What kind of info are you looking for? I would want to know where the horse were going- not address but I will not sell to a person that will not take good care of a horse. I also want to know what kind of experience this new owner has because green horse+ green rider= black and blue rider and good bye horse. I guess I really don't understand what you are asking.

were you upfront with potential buyers with any vices your horse may have and if they are ready to deal with it. Thats all i've got hope it helps

Get all vet/ care records in order and have a bill of sale so that they are clearly new owners and if your horse is registered do what ever your association says to do for transfer of ownership.

Poco1220 08-18-2011 10:17 PM

A decent bill of sale is a good idea too. Saying horse is sold as is and buyer had the right to a PPE. So they can't Come back on you if said horse ends up lane down the road.
Posted via Mobile Device

rlcarnes 08-18-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poco1220 (Post 1142132)
A decent bill of sale is a good idea too. Saying horse is sold as is and buyer had the right to a PPE. So they can't Come back on you if said horse ends up lane down the road.
Posted via Mobile Device

PPE Great idea- its been a long time since i bought a horse... Make sure that you put something in the bill of sale that it is the NEW potential owner responsibility. Make it clear that YOU are NOT responsible for any fees or costs built up while they were checking.

I sold a horse with Navicular- and was very upfront and honest with potential owners. They got x-rays and very thorough ppe and it said horse had navicular- duh they knew that and then they tried to get me to pay for it saying that I was not up front and that they were out over $400. So cover your butt!!!